14 Assisted Living Facilities near Pittston, PA
Also serving communities of Wyoming, Old Forge.
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pittston area, with 2 in Pittston and 12 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 33 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pittston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pittston 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wilkes Barre with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pittston, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pittston, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pittston
Pittston, PA, sits beside the Susquehanna River, near Wilkes-Barre and became known during the Age of Anthracite as a coal producer. Today, 7,755 people call the city home, and 16.7% of them are aged 65 and older. These seniors can visit the Pittston senior center for informative programs, exercise, arts, and other activities and services. To serve those in the community who need help with the tasks of daily living, there are two assisted living centers in Pittston and 14 more in nearby communities.
In Pittston and the rest of Pennsylvania, the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing oversees assisted living residences (ALRs), as assisted living facilities are known in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pittston
- Pennsylvania seniors living in Pittston and elsewhere are in a moderately tax-friendly state. Seniors are exempt from taxes on retirement income, such as IRAs, Social Security or 401(k)s, which may help save extra money for assisted living expenses.
- The cost of living in Pittston is 80.3, nearly 20 points less than the state or national average of 100. This is driven by the low cost of housing, which is less than half the state average. Lower housing costs may indirectly impact the operational expenses of assisted living facilities and the monthly fees residents pay.
- Pittston seniors may be relieved to know that property crime is lower and violent crime is on par with their respective national averages. The city's violent crime rate is 13.1, compared to a U.S. average of 22.7, and its property crime rate is 37.7, while the U.S. rate is 35.4.
- The city offers seniors four seasons of varying weather, with average temperatures ranging between 16 and 82, which is equal to state averages. Seniors touring assisted living facilities may wish to ask what steps are taken to ensure residents' comfort when high and low temperatures occur.
- The quality of the air and water in Pittstown for seniors and other residents is good. The air quality is 61, compared to the U.S. average of 58, and the water quality of 79 is much higher than the national average of 55.
- Pittston is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Moses Taylor Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pittston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Pittston start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pittston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pittston
In Pennsylvania, including Pittston, seniors who already receive SSI may be eligible for help paying for assisted living costs. According to PA Code 2800.27, seniors cannot be charged more than their monthly income to receive assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pittston
Pittston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pittston, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pittston
Pittston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pittston, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pittston
Review of Wesley Village
I would like to start by saying I'm very happy with the care my mom is receiving. The nurses ,cna's and activity staff are all so kind and caring ❤ They are doing a great job in this not so easy s... Read more
Review of Wesley Village
Wesley Village was a very welcoming, casual, and comforting place. The rooms were nice enough size. The staff was very friendly and professional. I liked the community room and the cafeteria area. Read more
Review of Wesley Village
Wesley Village is very nice. It is like a 3-tier because they have assisted living apartments, assisted living, and then completely skilled nursing, but it is very expensive. The rooms would be dou... Read more