North Penn Manor

Reviews of North Penn Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for North Penn Manor

July 14, 2013

By Louis3

My mom moved in at North Penn Manor just this April of this year. It is close in that she is accessible for visits. It is a privately-owned facility. The owner is actually on the premises, which is nice. I like the interaction between the owner and the staff and I have a good feeling about the way everybody is interacting with themselves and with each other. No one seems disgruntled and everybody seems to be happy. Price-wise, it is also doable. We got my mom in a single room with her own bathroom and shower and it is nice. She has dementia and it is hard to gauge to know how she feels, but I think she's happier there. It is just a comfortable place. The only thing I think they could improve on is having more activities for their residents.

Costs for North Penn Manor

Photos of North Penn Manor

Services and Amenities of North Penn Manor

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Private Deluxe, Private And Shared Rooms

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 220320

• About North Penn Manor

North Penn Manor is a Personal Care Home located in Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania providing residential and personalized support services on behalf of older adults. Our facility combines the independence of home with the convenience and security of personal care services. We prepare meals, provide medication management, housekeeping services and more.

Services & Amenities:

We provide a wide variety of services and amenities that meet the needs of older adults looking to maintain their personal freedom in a safe and secure environment.

Security:

• Trained staff available 24 hours a day
    • Emergency call system
    • Secured entrances
    • Fire safety system
    • RN on call 24/7

Nutrition:

We offer three well-balanced meals with alternate menu choices and after dinner snacks served in our “Comforts of Home” dining area.

Personal Comfort:

• Housekeeping service
    • Laundry services
    • Scheduling assistance for transportation and appointments
    • Onsite beauty/barber shop available
    • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
    • Cable TV and telephone services available
    • Resident rooms and amenities all on one floor.

Recreation:

Our coordinated daily activities are offered onsite in our spacious recreation room.

Our convenient downtown location is ideal for family and friends looking to spend time with loved ones. Our facility is just minutes from I-81 and the local area provides plenty of excursions that nicely compliment our facility’s social and recreational programs. Cooking classes, musical entertainment, arts & crafts, exercise classes and games are just a few of the activities enjoyed by our residents in our spacious recreation room.

Map of North Penn Manor