7 Assisted Living Facilities near Drums, PA
Also serving communities of Berwick.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Drums area, with 2 in Drums and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 21 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Drums. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Drums 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hazleton with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Drums, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Drums, PA
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Drums, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Drums
Drums, Pennsylvania is a small community within the Butler Township. Seniors can spend all day fishing and picnicking at the nearby Hazelton Community Park before returning home to one of two assisted living facilities within the city or one of 11 more in the surrounding area.
Assisted living facilities are known in Pennsylvania as facilities that offer 24-hour supervision and health care services to seniors. Services such as organized social activities and assistance with activities of daily living may also be provided. The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services inspects and regulates these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Drums
- Luzerne County’s cost of living score is 84.8, which is 15 percent lower than the national average, so seniors on a budget can more easily afford extra entertainment or quality care services.
- There are over three feet of snowfall every winter in Luzerne County, and an average low of 16 degrees in January, so seniors may find it hard to be active all year round. The summers are warm, however, with an average high of 80 degrees in July.
- Drums has an air quality score of B, given by the American Lung Association. Seniors living in this area can enjoy fresh air and comfort.
- The violent crime in Luzerne County is 35 percent higher than the national average, which may make seniors feel unsafe while out on errands.
- Seniors seeking transportation for doctor’s appointments, shopping and errands may have some difficulty, as Drums has no public transportation. There may be limited transportation available through Hazelton Public Transit, which has bus routes through many cities within Luzerne County.
- Drums has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital, Lehigh Valley Health Network, located in Hazelton.
Paying for Assisted Living in Drums
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Drums start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Drums and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Drums
There are no Medicaid programs in Pennsylvania to help with assisted living costs, but the state does offer a small supplement to Supplement Security Income program for those who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Drums
Drums and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Drums, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Drums
Drums-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Drums
Review of Providence Place of Hazleton
My Father-in-law lived at Providence Place for 2+ years prior to his passing. He started out in the assisted living area and later moved to the memory unit. The care he received was exemplary. The... Read more
Review of Fritzingertown Senior Living Community
The food and staff at Fritzingertown Senior Living Community were excellent. It's a little further for us to drive, and there were a lot of hills, so driving during the winter was more difficult. S... Read more
Review of Providence Place of Hazleton
I'm at the independent living level of Providence Place of Hazleton. There are more people here in wheelchairs than you could imagine; everybody is in a wheelchair or a walker. The general appearan... Read more