18 Assisted Living Facilities near Kingston, PA
Also serving communities of Larksville, Plymouth, Hunlock Creek.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kingston area, with 3 in Kingston and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kingston is $2,712 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Wilkes Barre with an average starting cost of $1,590.
To help you with your search, browse the 46 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kingston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kingston 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wilkes Barre with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kingston, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kingston, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kingston
Kingston is a borough in Luzerne County, in northeast Pennsylvania. It’s credited with being the site of the first public school in that state and has a population of about 13,000 people, 21.9 percent of whom are senior citizens. Seniors in need of help with daily tasks can choose from 17 assisted living facilities, three within Kingston and 14 others in neighboring towns like Wilkes-Barre. The Department of Human Services regulates assisted living facilities, officially known as assisted living residences, in Kingston and elsewhere in Pennsylvania.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kingston
- Kingston has a humid continental climate, meaning that it has four distinct seasons with cold winters. Snowfall can be heavy in January, with an average snowfall of 13.5 inches. However, seniors are generally comfortable outdoors from May to September.
- The overall cost of living in Kingston is low, at 85 percent of the national average. Housing is particularly low at 58 percent of the national average, and utilities are the highest expense at seven percent above the national average. Management of heating and cooling costs will be essential for seniors living on a budget in Kingston.
- Kingston is safer than about one-third of all U.S. cities, although its overall crime rate is about average for Pennsylvania as a whole. The crime rate in Kingston is 20.7 crimes per thousand people per year, compared to Pennsylvania’s annual average of 20.6 crimes per thousand people. Seniors who are already living in Pennsylvania may not have particular concerns about crime.
- The Luzerne Transportation Authority is responsible for public transportation in this county, including Kingston. With a State Transit ID card, seniors ride all day for free during regular service hours. Medicare card holders pay half the standard fare.
- The Kingston Borough Recreation Center provides a variety of memberships with fees that are based primarily on age and residency status, including senior citizens. The facilities include a gymnasium, racquetball courts, fitness rooms and game areas. Each locker room also has a steam sauna.
- The Kingston area is home to world-class medical facilities, including First Hospital Wyoming Valley and Nesbitt Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kingston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Kingston start around $2,712 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kingston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kingston
Seniors in Kingston can receive financial assistance for assisted living supplement to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) if they live in non-nursing residential care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kingston
Kingston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kingston, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kingston
Kingston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Kingston, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kingston
Review of Tiffany Court at Kingston
I visited Tiffany Court at Kingston. It was OK, and adequate, but my dad didnt enjoy it too much. The staff was very nice, the location was very good, and the grounds were very nicely kept. The ro... Read more
Review of Kingston Manor
My mom resides here and I am so pleased with her care. I am an RN myself and can have some high expectations of care and they have honestly exceeded it . Nursing care top notch the Nurse Mitzi is v... Read more
Review of Kingston Manor
WOW!!! I did a tour at Kingston Manor today as well as a few others in the Kingston area. I will say it was the best experience. I was greeted by a staff member immediately, the building smelled li... Read more