Wesley Village Pittston, PA

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Home Care, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

215 Roberts Road, Pittston, PA 18640
Wesley Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Wesley Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Wesley Village

December 27, 2016

By Ed462007

Wesley Village was very clean. The staff was very friendly, and everyone that we have met seemed to be very caring. We were looking for a place for my cousin in the assisted living section. It didn’t have a kitchenette, but it was a spacious room. They had a lot going on every day with a good selection of activities. This was where she wanted to go. Out of the places that we looked into, it seems to be the nicest. They had beautiful grounds and a really nice view of the mountains; you get to see the sunset over the mountains.

September 29, 2011

By ChrissyR12

My grandfather is currently a resident at Wesley Village. Although, I have been to the facility numerous times before my grandfather began staying there. The facility is a very nice place for the elderly. There are small private homes, an apartment building, and a nursing home on the property. It is a very clean facility and the residents seem to be happy living there. Sometimes in the nursing home, the nurses can be short with you but I imagine sometimes the job can be very hard. My grandfather is a resident in the nursing home section and he has been enjoying himself there. He enjoys activities with other residents when he is feeling well and he is able to visit his friends when able. The medical care provided to him is exceptional! The apartments are attached to the nursing home building. It looks like the average elderly apartment buildings. You can see that the building is well taken care of though. The smaller private apartment/houses are just across the parking lot from the nursing home/apartments. They are smaller homes but give the atmosphere of still living in a larger house with a yard and all. Residents are free to come and go as they please and are able to drive their own vehicles. Overall, I think the Wesley Village is a very nice property for elderly people. It is a very clean and safe place. The property is also very close to grocery stores, pharmacies, and places like Wal-Mart for the residents who are able to travel. I honestly cannot say anything negative in regards to Wesley Village.

Nursing Home Reviews for Wesley Village

November 19, 2019

By M. Perfetto

Staff is very caring and well trained. The place is well kept and very clean. Activities involving live music is provided and is well received by residents. Additionally, the admissions team is very professional and well prepared upon initial arrival at the home.

July 05, 2019

By toomanyemails

Rooms are ok Volunteers are very nice Sam - the nurse is exceptional My father has been in the rehab facility trying to get better to transition home. We notified the staff on numerous occasions that the button to call an aide or nurse is broken. It has now been 5 days and he has had to sit in urine and/or feces for hours. Furthermore, when they do assist him by taking him to the toilet (he cannot get there himself) they leave him for extended periods of time - more than a half hour. IF your loved ones is special to you - run and don't send them to Wesley Village.

January 08, 2018

By John Beehman

The place is fair if mobile, if not family MUST visit at least once or preferably more times a day. Care is ok Present staff are very good but always short on personnel. Rehabilitation is very good.

June 07, 2017

By gmw

0n June 5,2017 I visited my mother at 11:30 only to find that she still had her breakfast tray untouched. I told a nurse and was told it is the nurse aid who should have helped to feed her, I took a picture of the tray and the nurse said to show Bernie. Bernie sais he was sorry..They took her to the lounge for lunch and I feed her, She ate everything . Also at 1;05 I notified a nurse that she need to go to the bathroom, It took until 1:40 for someone to change her. Again Bernie said he was sorry . Bernie also said he would tell Mark.

April 08, 2017

By Beaver Dams

My Wife and I have lived in a 1 bedroom apartment---independent---for past 4 weeks. We are both in our 80's and I am the 24/7 caregiver for my Wife who was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease about 3 1/2 hears ago. Due to our ages, we decided to move closer to one of our married daughters who lived in Reading, Pa---about 2 hours away. We toured other facilities closer to Reading but all were well beyond our monthly income. Others wanted rents in the $3500-4200 a month range with food. Wesley Village charges us $1190.00 a month plus meals and and shuttles. Activities are limited to Bingo---light exercise---Church under same roof, twice weekly---home-made and and choir. You have the choice of Café(much lower oost alternative) or more costly formal sit-down dining room---all out of your own budget. I have spent as little as $3.20 for turkey and mashed potatoes and split same with my Wiufe---due to our limited appetites. Place is kept spotless and staff is friendly. This is a continued care facility which means either one of us could move to the assisted living or Alzheimer's units--all under the same roof. We paid NO advanced fee for this advantage but daily charges will increase when that need arises. Our rent includes all utilities---cable tvs--garbage removal---and Wi-Fi. Unit has own bath-room and small kitchen. You do your own cleaning or pay a modest fee. Maintenance department installed our wall hangings and there are elevators.

November 15, 2012

By RichardS

We toured the place and we're very much interested in the suite but it's not available. So I tried to convince my dad to take one available room but he was not interested in staying in such a small place. On the other hand, the staff in Wesley Village treated us very well and we are very impressed with it.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Wesley Village

November 20, 2011

By clb1

My grandparents were residents at Wesley before they passed(which was fairly recent), they stayed at the independent living area and then were moved to the nursing areas when their health declined, so I spent a fair amount of time in each area. The building is older, not in a run down sense but it feels like walking into your grandparents home. The staff are all very pleasant, and they did an excellent job of contacting us(via phone as we live outside of PA) when issues arose concerning urgent care situations. They were also very thorough on letting us know of my grandparents' status whenever we visited, if they had eaten or were having problems getting them to eat full meals, the physical therapy for the day, conversations they had with them, all little things that gave you the impression that the staff really did put a lot of genuine care into their work. Although the Wesley Village isn't the newest, or the wealthiest of assisted care homes, we couldn't have asked for better care from the staff. They were very accommodating and we always felt that my grandparents were in excellent care.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Memory Care Reviews for Wesley Village

Services and Amenities of Wesley Village

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Wesley Village

United Methodist Homes' Wesley Village Campus in Pittston, PA, is located on over 50 acres overlooking the beautiful Wyoming Valley and Susquehanna River. Residents can choose from a variety of care options and can move through the continuum as their needs change "“ all while staying in the same community. Wesley Village offers independent living at Brooks Estates and Myers Manor, personal care at the Anderson Personal Care Facility, and skilled nursing care, including dementia care, in the Partridge-Tippet Nursing Facility.

Map of Wesley Village