95 Assisted Living Facilities near Monroeville, PA
Also serving communities of Turtle Creek, Murrysville.
There are 95 Assisted Living Facilities in the Monroeville area, with 5 in Monroeville and 90 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Monroeville is $3,813 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Duquesne with an average starting cost of $2,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 452 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Monroeville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Monroeville 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Duquesne with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Monroeville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Monroeville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Monroeville
Monroeville, nicknamed the Crossroads of Western Pennsylvania, is located about 13 miles from Pittsburgh. The town has a population of just over 28,000 residents, and over 22 percent of them are 65 years of age or older. Within Monroeville town limits, there are 13 assisted living facilities. Another 205 facilities are located in surrounding communities, including Pittsburgh.
Monroeville’s assisted living facilities are licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. These facilities provide supervision, personal care and other services to four or more seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Monroeville
- While Monroeville offers limited arts and culture opportunities, seniors can travel to Pittsburgh to enjoy the city’s many attractions. Some, such as the Fort Pitt Museum and the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History, offer discounted rates for seniors.
- Monroeville offers many public transit options for its senior residents. The Port Authority of Allegheny County operates a fleet of buses and trains, and seniors can get free bus passes. Seniors can also reserve door-to-door transportation through the county’s Access bus service.
- Air quality in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area is poor, according to rankings released by the American Lung Association. Pittsburgh ranks in the top 10 most polluted cities in the nation for short-term and year-round particle pollution.
- Allegheny County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- In Monroeville, the cost of living is 4.7 percent lower than the U.S. average. Seniors can expect to pay significantly less than the national norm for housing and healthcare, though transportation costs are higher. Seniors may choose to retire to Monroeville to take advantage of these lower costs.
- Monroeville’s crime rate is higher than the national average, and it’s also higher than 77 percent of Pennsylvania’s communities. Residents of this town have a 1 in 49 chance of becoming a victim of a crime, so seniors may want to take precautions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Monroeville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Monroeville start around $3,813 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Monroeville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Monroeville
Seniors who live in one of Monroeville’s assisted living facilities may be eligible to receive assistance from Community HealthChoices, a Medicaid waiver program. Seniors who receive federal SSI payments may be eligible to receive additional funding from the optional state supplementation program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Monroeville
Monroeville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Monroeville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Monroeville
Monroeville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Monroeville, PA
Other Options in Monroeville, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Monroeville
Review of Independence Court of Monroeville
Rooms are spacious, clean and do not smell. I liked that the staff is very helpful and friendly. I liked that the memory care unit is locked. I liked that visitors need to screen for covid and a... Read more
Review of Abode Care of Monroeville
Abode Care of Monroeville staff was very friendly and very cordial, but it was a place in transition. It was kind of run-down. There were a lot of potholes in the road going to the facility. During... Read more
Review of Independence Court of Monroeville
Independence Court of Monroeville was the one that toured us the least. We only went into the lobby area and a sample apartment room. We didn't see as much of the facility. They were the most rigor... Read more