Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

Reviews of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

January 31, 2018

By Tammy

My parents-in-law moved into Brookdale Mt. Lebanon. It's very clean and welcoming. We have had a good experience with all of the staff members. The food is definitely above average and my parents have been satisfied. They have a large lobby and the people socialize there. My husband's mom plays the piano, so especially during Christmastime, the people really enjoys hearing her play Christmas carols. There's a swimming pool and a very small fitness center.

August 21, 2017

By Theodora

Our tour at Brookdale Mt. Lebanon was wonderful and very complete. It's a wonderful place to be if you can afford it. They have lots to do and they seem to take care of their people well. Everybody seems to be entertained and the food situation is wonderful. The people we've dealt with were wonderful. It's a lot larger than most facilities and the apartments are larger.

March 07, 2017

By Rhonda720546

The rooms at Brookdale Mt. Lebanon are very nice, good-sized rooms. There is enough room for the residents to have a separate area for sleeping or to sit and watch television. There is a kitchen area, and the entire facility is very clean. There seems to be a decent amount of staff walking around. I noticed the chapel and the community room, and they both seemed to be very nice.

January 19, 2017

By Bruce372582

My wife moved to Brookdale. It's semi-private, up on a hill and set back from any residential area. For the most part, they are very good. The food is excellent, and they have two dining areas. It's nice, clean, and very professional.

September 30, 2016

By Mari844342

Brookdale Mt. Lebanon was very nice. It reminds you of a college campus. It is a red brick building. It's about 15 to 20 years old. It is high rise mainly, and it has about 150 residents, so it is a bigger facility. The staff was very nice. She's very good. The woman that took us was very knowledgeable and knew more stuff. Their accommodations were excellent. There were a lot of activities. They were watching a movie one time when we were there, and another time somebody was doing a presentation type of thing. They were talking about old movies, which is a good memory type game for the residents. The food was very good. It was excellent. The dining area was very pretty, very elegant, and very nice. Brookdale Mt. Lebanon was the one that we choose. It was very good. It met all of the needs that we were looking for.

June 23, 2016

By Michelle158138

Brookdale Mt. Lebanon was a lovely place, but they only serve two meals a day and clean every other week.

May 10, 2016

By Caring CousinDXTAE

I have been to Brookdale for my cousin. It was probably the most beautiful out of all the places I visited. The staff and the people that I spoke with were wonderful. We almost got my cousin in there. It was beautiful, but the cost was the big factor. It was a very nice place, and it had everything anybody would want. They were playing bingo when we were there. They have outings and entertainment on certain days, a beautiful library, a beatiful indoor swimming pool, physical rehab, and a restaurant for the people there, plus a cafeteria where you can have sandwiches for yourself if you don’t want to eat in the dining room. We saw several rooms, and they seemed very nice and a little bit larger than what my cousin has now. It had a very nice little kitchen area and nice bathroom. It was beautiful.

November 29, 2015

By Maggie32

There was nothing we didn’t like about Brookdale. We looked at two different apartment-type rooms that had separate living quarters, bedroom, full kitchen, and nice baths. The rooms were set up a little bit different from each other because we were looking for both of my parents. They were gorgeous, clean, and accommodating. We were OK with the pricing, the room sizes, and closet space. Everything was very nice. The staff was very friendly, very accommodating, and did not pressure us. They hold different events throughout the day and have exercise, so everybody is engaged. They have movie nights, parties, and barbecues, too.

March 07, 2015

My mother is currently in this Brookdale community. We like it because some of the people there are a little more active. There are more men there, and as a result, it is a more natural environment. It is also close to our family home, so she knows other people there already.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

June 25, 2021

By Karen

Brookdale Mt. Lebanon was very neat and clean. They have rosary services, church services, bingo, and movie nights. The staff was very helpful, concerned, and very friendly. We tried the food, and it's good too. We were able to see the gardens, the pool room, the social room, the library, and the indoor pool. The rooms were very nice as well.

June 23, 2021

By Theresa

Brookdale Mt. Lebanon was very nice. It's just a little bit out of my price range. The people there were very pleasant. The staff was very polite, friendly, and knowledgeable. The layout was nice. It's a few levels and that's one thing I'm looking for. The place is also very clean. They have a hair salon and, I believe they have an indoor swimming pool.

April 04, 2021

By Pamela

I liked Brookdale Mt. Lebanon a lot. It's a little bit far from my house, so that's the only issue really -- and only if I wanted to stop every day -- but I guess you're not allowed to visit every day right now. It was a fabulous place. I took my brother, who is in his fifties, and he wanted to move there; he loved it. I can't say anything bad about it except COVID, and that's not anybody's fault. It was spotless. It was perfect. It had a lot of grounds they could walk on, and it's really lovely and safe. There are no main roads, and it's probably quiet. It's just beautiful. I could live there. I liked it a lot.

October 03, 2017

By VivianWesson

If your loved one is truly independent, this can be a good place to look at. Four out of the five floors are for independent living so if you're looking for a place that your loved one can stay at should independence weaken, you're taking a chance. The sales person was very good. The supplemental support care that our loved one needed in independent living was inconsistent and discussing care issues with the manager was challenging. The food was very good though the dining room got backed up quite a bit at particular times. My advice is to pay attention to the bathroom set up. Most apartments have tubs and it can increasingly can become a challenge for seniors. If you have the $ and your loved one can mainly be on their own, Brookdale is worth a look.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

September 12, 2017

By Judith

I liked Brookdale Mt. Lebanon the best. It had a pool, and they play cards, which I love. It had everything. It was a self-contained community. I would never have to go outdoors, although the outdoor setting was very nice. I liked it. The staff members I encountered were terrific. Everybody was very pleasant and did their jobs. The grounds were gorgeous. I liked the facility location because I grew up very near there, so I was very familiar with the area. I liked the fact that it was not far from the city. The rooms were nice. They had physical therapy, a card room, a swimming pool, and a little deli area for lunch where people were wandering in and out. I would recommend it. I only had a sandwich at lunch. It was spotless. If I wanted to go downtown, that was easy to do.

January 16, 2016

By Carolyn Svec

We were given a tour of Brookdale, Mt. Lebanon and then enjoyed lunch at the Cafe. My husband and I were treated like family from the time we entered the building until we left. We met many pleasant staff members as well as residents and they were all very friendly. The facility is beautiful and has many of the amenities that we have been looking for. We each have several "must haves" in order to move from our home of 40+ years. First and most important is that KoKo our little Shih Tzu can also live with us at Brookdale. Second on my list is a swimming pool along with a Fitness Center and my husband likes to play cards and would also benefit from the hot tub and Fitness Center. The decision to move to an independent living facility is not an easy one but we feel confident that the staff at Brookdale will be right beside us and help us to transition from our home to their home when the timing is right for all concerned.

Costs for Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

• General Store
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Financial Guidance Extra: Stately Residence In Residential Area Providing Independent And Personal Care Services. We Offer Many Amenities, No Buy In Fee And In House Private Duty Services Available. We Have A Heated Pool, Jacuzzi, Gym, Private Dining Room And Gorgeous Grounds.

• Spanish

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 432360 - PERSONAL CARE HOMES

About Brookdale Mt. Lebanon

Brookdale Mt. Lebanon provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Stately Residence in residential area providing Independent and Personal Care services. We offer many amenities, no-buy in fee and In house private duty services available. We have a heated pool, jacuzzi, gym, private dining room and gorgeous grounds.

Map of Brookdale Mt. Lebanon