The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

Reviews of The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

Assisted Living Reviews for The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

April 11, 2017

By Visitor888884

My mother says that they are very friendly and very gentle with her at the Grand Residence. Unfortunately, she doesn’t communicate too well anymore. They seem to be very caring and attentive to concerns that I bring up, and so I have been happy with them. She has an apartment with a separate bedroom, a living room, dining room, and kitchenette area. Other places could not provide this for us.

July 27, 2016

By Douglas476062

My mom was at Grand Residence at Upper St Clair. She ended up falling and breaking her nose five times in seven days. It's like a hotel and very nice. I think the staff is good, but my mom wasn't ready for the move, and she may have been reluctant to call them for assistance. Part of that issue was that most of the their assistance were high school kids. I don't have anything bad to say about the people or management. It just didn't work out. I think they are just more catered to people who are not fall-risks than people who are fall-risks. The dining is first class and the food is top-shelf and very good.

February 09, 2015

By Julietherapy

The grand is grand. The care is outstanding and the food is excellent. As a social worker i was reluctant to place my father. No placement is perfect but this comes close

April 29, 2014

By Tracie1

We toured seven facilities, and we felt the Grand Residence had the most home-like environment. The place was clean, and the staff was very friendly; we walked in unannounced, and they were accommodating. We just liked everything about it the minute we walked in. They integrate all the patients: they don’t have a separate Alzheimer’s unit where they basically segregate the people with dementia from the rest of the population. My mother is borderline; she has some dementia, but she is not that confused. They hire top-notch high school kids. Their dining room staff is all local high school kids, and the way they are attentive to the older people is extraordinary. They have great nursing staff and aides. She has an efficiency apartment, which was empty, so we were able to move her furniture, which we loved because that makes it feel more home-like to her. It was spacious, it has a little kitchenette, a large bathroom, and lots of closet space. They have two coordinators, and they have lots of entertainment, lots of crafts, games and puzzles, movie night, and they take them on rides for sightseeing tours, local restaurants, and local community events. The food is phenomenal.

November 07, 2012

By 037

The Grand Residence was absolutely beautiful and served my grandfather well at the end of his life. The grounds were meticulous kept and I always felt that the place was kept clean. I never noticed any bad smells or hospital-like settings that some nursing homes have. One nice amenity was the cafeteria, as we were able to dine with my grandfather. The food was restaurant quality, which was a nice surprise, as I was expecting hospital like quality. We would frequently bring our small, well behaved dog to visit, and the staff and residence were always excited and welcoming to her. It was nice for my grandfather to be able to visit with our family pets, as we know this would not have been available in many places. We were so pleased with his care, that upon his death, we donated to the residence of the facility. Although the price for the facility was quite high, we felt that it was in line with the care that my grandfather received. Having visited other nursing homes that charged much less, I felt much more at ease with the Grand Residence. It was truly a home away from home, as opposed to a hospital or hospice.

June 13, 2011

By AndGang

Visited this facility

We wanted my great grandmother to be as comfortable as possible, and it was not very easy to find at first. Then we found Grand Residence in Upper St. Clair near Pittsburgh, PA. It was by far one of the nicest places we visited. The staff was friendly, but not too overbearing. My great grandmother did not want to feel like a burden, and they made her feel comfortable. Despite the nice staff, the cleanliness, the nice decor my grandmother really enjoyed making friends and going places. The only 'con' we could possibly find with this place was the reason my great grandmother had to leave, it was the expense. I highly recommend this assistant living facility, but only if finances are not much of an issue.

Costs for The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

Photos of The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

Services and Amenities of The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Get Costs

About The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

The Grand Residence at Upper St. Clair is a senior living community offering 70 guest suites and a host of unique amenities. 6The spacious suites range in size from 400 square foot efficiencies to 750 square foot one bedroom and 2 bedroom suites. All suites feature a kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, cabinets and sink; private bathroom; and individual climate control. The Grand Residence, which brings an unprecedented level of luxury and service to the South Hills of Pittsburgh, was based upon a hospitality model and designed with all the luxurious appointments of a grand hotel.

Amenities include:

• Spacious Suites
    • Gourmet Meals
    • 24 Hour Staff
    • Licensed & Registered Staff Nurses
    • Gracious Common Areas
    • Life Enrichment Programs

The Grand Residence at Upper St. Clair is family owned with over 40 years experience providing a caring and dignified community, where you can live life to the fullest. We believe that independence promotes confidence, self-esteem, and wellness. Here, at The Grand Residence, we offer you the highest quality of life, assistance with all your daily needs, and all at an affordable rate.

Map of The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair