The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

Reviews of The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

Assisted Living Reviews for The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

June 19, 2021

By Cynthia

The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair was phenomenal. I toured the place for my parents, and it was a beautiful place. I like the fact that it is family owned and operated. They offered us beverages, and they have a lot of activities. I thought highly of the Grand Residence at Upper St. Clair, and I think that anybody going there would be quite happy. It's the best of all the worlds quite honestly. I interacted with their marketing department and I also got to run into an aide. It was a very uplifting place, it was not down, dismal, and institutional. The place is really pretty and nice

March 10, 2021

By jmac17

The Grand was a gift to our family. After several years of having my mother in-law in and out of larger, corporate ran facilities, The Grand was the only place she truly felt at home in. Staff turnover was always an issue at the other facilities she was in before we moved her into the Grand. Simply put, when you become a resident of the Grand, you become family. This was evident each time that we visited her. I think what separates The Grand from the larger institutionally owned facilities is that it’s family owned and operated. The food is top-notch along with the cleanliness. The peace of mind that we now have with my mother in-law being a current resident at the Grand is priceless.

January 21, 2021

By 2daysagift

Finding a place for a loved one to be taken care of by others is really hard. The Grand made it much, much easier. We all felt that my aunt was now living in a place that was safe and clean. The staff were loving and made my aunt feel at ease right away. She loved her apartment! It had all she needed and allowed her to feel that she was "at home". We were all thankful that things like cable, phone and internet were immediately in place for her. The staff helped her to acclimate and meet other residents, so that she quickly began to feel that it was the right place for her. We always felt comforted knowing that the nurses and staff at the Grand love and enjoy the residents that they care for each day.

February 22, 2020

By Judy Malie

My mom lived at The Grand Residence for years. Although she was resistant to leaving her home, she quickly made friends and loved everything about The Grand Residence. She loved the food, activities, staff, and her apartment. The food was so good, she never wanted to go out to eat so we would go eat with her in the dining room. She especially loved their homemade soups. She was proud of her new home, The Grand Residence, and took joy in having friends and family visit her and enjoyed showing them around the community and introducing them to all her friends (which included the other residents and their families and the staff). She also loved showing off her 1 bedroom apartment, which was just the right size for her. Mom became the unofficial welcoming committee and when someone new moved in or came to visit, she would take them under her wing to help them get acclimated. She would invite them to sit with her at a meal or an activity. She loved the activities, especially the word games like boggle, and enjoyed going out shopping to Trax Farm and other outings. When her memory started to decline, the staff were kind and patient with her even though she could be really difficult at times. The staff knew just what to do to help her and care for her. Eventually Mom needed hospice and they came right in to the Grand Residence and helped care for her. I am so grateful for The Grand Residence and all the staff because they provided the best quality of care to Mom around the clock and made the last years of her live better than I could have imagined. The nurses, aids, activities, front desk, servers, driver, housekeepers, chefs and office staff knew Mom and her needs so well ...it gave me real peace of mind. At The Grand Residence, Mom lived her best life!

February 22, 2020

By K.Ciarimboli

My grandmother lived at the Grand Residence for over 10 years. She loved her life there, we enjoyed the community as family members and we were so grateful for her years of care there. At first she was reluctant to give up her freedoms of independent living. All those worries were quickly dismissed as she settled into her new life at the Grand. She made new friends, loved helping others who needed assistance, meeting other guests’ families, befriended staff who assisted her daily, going on the shopping trips and other adventures, having daily meal specials to look forward to, her weekly hair appointments in the salon and so much more. She enjoyed hosting family and friends visiting in the dining room without any prep or clean up on her part. It was like she enjoyed showing off her new home & community to her visitors. It was a lovely community to visit and bring my kids (her great grandchildren). She enjoyed showing off the grandkids and they enjoyed meeting the other guests who lived there. On warm days we’d enjoy sitting on the back patio where we could lunch, the kids could enjoy the fountain and see what was growing in the garden. Sometimes we’d stroll down to see the creek and my grandma enjoyed watching the kids explore. The monthly family nights were a nice anchor for our visits. The entertainment was varying and fun and the monthly themed desserts were amazing! Other special events through the year were such a joy for my grandmother such as the Firemen’s Ball or Trick or Treat with the community coming in. We were grateful for the kindness & respect my grandmother was given by the staff. There was a lot of comfort in knowing she was safe and well cared for. The environment was always clean and well cared for. It’s a gorgeous building decorated beautifully which we appreciated compared to more institutional settings we visited. Such care and thought from the fresh flowers on each dining table to the seasonal decor. It was the perfect fit for my grandmother to spend her last decade of life living in such a thoughtful community. She so enjoyed her life there and we enjoyed becoming part of the community there. The Grand Residence gave her the quality of life she was accustomed to and the support she needed as her needs grew greater. We were grateful to have the peace of mind knowing we could trust in her care.

August 03, 2019

By Richard Schwartz

This place is horrible. Don't be fooled by the property and restaurant, these are bad people, from the owners on down. They do a good job of masking their heinous behavior to your face, but don't trust them. We were excited to move my elderly parents into this place because it was so beautiful. However, after several months as a resident my 94 year old father, who was the kindest person you would ever meet, became very irritable and cranky to the point where he would swear and swing at people. We first thought it was just a stage he reached in his life, but something didn't seem right. His memory was going, so he was unable to express his issues to us. Fortunately we had hidden cameras in the room, so we began monitoring them daily. What we found ranged from the strange to downright abuse. Aides kicking his chair, napping on their couch and even doing sexual dances in their living room. Nurses poking at him and pouring water in his mouth while he was asleep. But worst of all, when he contracted the flu, they laid him on the couch and did not attend to him for 20 hours before telling us or calling the paramedics! They did not clean him, feed him, or provide any medical attention. When he arrived at the hospital, he was caked in feces. My family and I were distraught. We were afraid to challenge the management for fear of retribution against my parents, and it took time to find another place that we could trust to take care of them. We finally found a great place in Pittsburgh and moved them. My father loved it and was happy again. I still carry regret that nearly a year of his life was miserable at the Grand Residence. And don't let them tell you it's not true - I have the videos proving it. Please don't make the same mistake with your loved ones that we did.

April 11, 2017

By Visitor888884

My mother says that they are very friendly and very gentle with her at the Grand Residence. Unfortunately, she doesn’t communicate too well anymore. They seem to be very caring and attentive to concerns that I bring up, and so I have been happy with them. She has an apartment with a separate bedroom, a living room, dining room, and kitchenette area. Other places could not provide this for us.

July 27, 2016

By Douglas476062

My mom was at Grand Residence at Upper St Clair. She ended up falling and breaking her nose five times in seven days. It's like a hotel and very nice. I think the staff is good, but my mom wasn't ready for the move, and she may have been reluctant to call them for assistance. Part of that issue was that most of the their assistance were high school kids. I don't have anything bad to say about the people or management. It just didn't work out. I think they are just more catered to people who are not fall-risks than people who are fall-risks. The dining is first class and the food is top-shelf and very good.

February 09, 2015

By Julietherapy

The grand is grand. The care is outstanding and the food is excellent. As a social worker i was reluctant to place my father. No placement is perfect but this comes close

April 29, 2014

By Tracie1

We toured seven facilities, and we felt the Grand Residence had the most home-like environment. The place was clean, and the staff was very friendly; we walked in unannounced, and they were accommodating. We just liked everything about it the minute we walked in. They integrate all the patients: they don’t have a separate Alzheimer’s unit where they basically segregate the people with dementia from the rest of the population. My mother is borderline; she has some dementia, but she is not that confused. They hire top-notch high school kids. Their dining room staff is all local high school kids, and the way they are attentive to the older people is extraordinary. They have great nursing staff and aides. She has an efficiency apartment, which was empty, so we were able to move her furniture, which we loved because that makes it feel more home-like to her. It was spacious, it has a little kitchenette, a large bathroom, and lots of closet space. They have two coordinators, and they have lots of entertainment, lots of crafts, games and puzzles, movie night, and they take them on rides for sightseeing tours, local restaurants, and local community events. The food is phenomenal.

November 07, 2012

By 037

The Grand Residence was absolutely beautiful and served my grandfather well at the end of his life. The grounds were meticulous kept and I always felt that the place was kept clean. I never noticed any bad smells or hospital-like settings that some nursing homes have. One nice amenity was the cafeteria, as we were able to dine with my grandfather. The food was restaurant quality, which was a nice surprise, as I was expecting hospital like quality. We would frequently bring our small, well behaved dog to visit, and the staff and residence were always excited and welcoming to her. It was nice for my grandfather to be able to visit with our family pets, as we know this would not have been available in many places. We were so pleased with his care, that upon his death, we donated to the residence of the facility. Although the price for the facility was quite high, we felt that it was in line with the care that my grandfather received. Having visited other nursing homes that charged much less, I felt much more at ease with the Grand Residence. It was truly a home away from home, as opposed to a hospital or hospice.

June 13, 2011

By AndGang

Visited this facility

We wanted my great grandmother to be as comfortable as possible, and it was not very easy to find at first. Then we found Grand Residence in Upper St. Clair near Pittsburgh, PA. It was by far one of the nicest places we visited. The staff was friendly, but not too overbearing. My great grandmother did not want to feel like a burden, and they made her feel comfortable. Despite the nice staff, the cleanliness, the nice decor my grandmother really enjoyed making friends and going places. The only 'con' we could possibly find with this place was the reason my great grandmother had to leave, it was the expense. I highly recommend this assistant living facility, but only if finances are not much of an issue.

Memory Care Reviews for The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 432320 - PERSONAL CARE HOMES

• Get Costs

About The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair

The Grand Residence at Upper St. Clair is a senior living community offering 70 guest suites and a host of unique amenities. 6The spacious suites range in size from 400 square foot efficiencies to 750 square foot one bedroom and 2 bedroom suites. All suites feature a kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, cabinets and sink; private bathroom; and individual climate control. The Grand Residence, which brings an unprecedented level of luxury and service to the South Hills of Pittsburgh, was based upon a hospitality model and designed with all the luxurious appointments of a grand hotel.

Amenities include:

• Spacious Suites
    • Gourmet Meals
    • 24 Hour Staff
    • Licensed & Registered Staff Nurses
    • Gracious Common Areas
    • Life Enrichment Programs

The Grand Residence at Upper St. Clair is family owned with over 40 years experience providing a caring and dignified community, where you can live life to the fullest. We believe that independence promotes confidence, self-esteem, and wellness. Here, at The Grand Residence, we offer you the highest quality of life, assistance with all your daily needs, and all at an affordable rate.

Map of The Grand Residence at Upper St Clair