60 Assisted Living Facilities near Bethel Park, PA
There are 60 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bethel Park area, with 2 in Bethel Park and 58 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bethel Park is $4,620 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include South Park with an average starting cost of $3,550.
To help you with your search, browse the 339 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bethel Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bethel Park 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bridgeville with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bethel Park, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Bethel Park, PA
58 Assisted Living Facilities near Bethel Park, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bethel Park
Located seven miles southwest of Pittsburgh, Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, is a Pittsburgh borough that provides convenient access to attractions such as the Phipps Conservatory & Botanical Gardens and nine public golf courses for seniors to enjoy. In addition to ample recreational opportunities, seniors can choose from 58 assisted living facilities in the greater Bethel Park area. Assisted living facilities in Bethel Park are inspected and licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and are referred to as personal care homes. These PCHs are defined as residences that provide shelter, meals, supervision and assistance with personal care tasks.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bethel Park
- Certain states are considered more retirement tax-friendly than others, and Pennsylvania is one of them. Because the state doesn't tax social security income, Bethel Park and other cities throughout Pennsylvania offer tax-cuts for seniors.
- The Bethel Park area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UPMC South Hills Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Bethel Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including the LifeSpan Bethel Park Senior Center, an organization that offers seniors socialization and education through holiday celebrations, fitness classes and health screenings.
- Seniors wishing to live in Pennsylvania will find the overall cost of living in Bethel Park more expensive than in Pittsburgh. Though the average grocery and health costs are cheaper in Bethel Park than in Pittsburgh, housing, utilities and transportation costs are all more expensive.
- Bethel Park is ranked amongst the top 100 safest cities in America. With a crime rate of around 11 incidents per 1,000 residents, Bethel Park's crime rate is considered lower than 65 percent of all other cities across the country. Such low crime rates suggest Bethel Park is an ideal choice for seniors who are looking to travel alone or are worried about their property.
- Air quality is ranked based on the number of hazardous air pollutants in the atmosphere determined by the EPA. Based on this scale of 1-100 (with 100 being perfect air quality), Bethel Park's air quality falls one point below the country's average air quality with a score of 57. Seniors who have chronic respiratory illnesses should contemplate the air quality in Bethel Park before moving.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bethel Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Bethel Park start around $4,620 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bethel Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bethel Park
Although the state of Pennsylvania does not offer any explicit resources for financial assistance for assisted living (PCH), the state's official website suggests enrolling in long-term insurance or utilizing personal savings to pay for assisted living in Bethel Park.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bethel Park
Bethel Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bethel Park, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bethel Park
Bethel Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bethel Park, PA
Other Options in Bethel Park, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bethel Park
Review of Paramount Senior Living-Bethel
We've been very pleased with Paramount Senior Living-Bethel. The price was good, the facility was good, and they seemed to know their residents. The process of applying was relatively simple. They ... Read more
Review of Paramount Senior Living-Bethel
The aides are very nice and seem to really care about the patients. So far we're pretty happy with Paramount Assisted Living, but the beds are very uncomfortable according to my father. The place i... Read more
Review of Woodcliffe Manor Assisted Living Residence
My sister moved to Woodcliffe Manor. It was very homey and large, but I think they were slightly understaffed because when you needed somebody, you can't find anyone. The rooms were a good size and... Read more