The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Reynoldsburg, OH for 2023
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Reynoldsburg area, with 3 in Reynoldsburg and 19 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Reynoldsburg is $2,760 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 172 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Reynoldsburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Reynoldsburg 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Worthington with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Reynoldsburg find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Reynoldsburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Reynoldsburg, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Reynoldsburg
Reynoldsburg, Ohio, became known as “The Birthplace of the Tomato” after the first commercial tomato was developed here by Alexander W. Livingstone in the 1800s, an event that is celebrated every August with the annual Tomato festival. Today, the city is home to more than 4,000 seniors, some of whom may be considering assisted living services. Reynoldsburg has two facilities to accommodate these seniors, and there are 17 more facilities in nearby areas, such as Groveport, Gahanna and Columbus. These facilities, known as residential care facilities, are governed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Reynoldsburg
- Ohio seniors are fully taxed on retirement savings account withdrawals, which may impact how much money Reynoldsburg seniors have to contribute toward their monthly expenses.
- The cost of living in Reynoldsburg is 94.7, lower than the national median of 100, but higher than the state average of 87.7. Seniors can also expect to pay less here for groceries and healthcare at 93 and 89.2, respectively, than they would elsewhere in the country. However, transportation costs are higher than the U.S. average at 106.9, which might impact seniors who rely on public transportation.
- As part of Franklin County, Reynoldsburg is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Violent crime rates in Reynoldsburg at 15.8 are lower than the U.S. median of 22.7, which might help seniors feel safer when traveling around the city. Property crime rates in the city, however, are higher than the average at 46.2, compared to the U.S. median of 35.4. Seniors and their families may want to ask facility staff at prospective facilities about safety measures they use to keep their residents safe and secure.
- The Reynoldsburg area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Columbus.
- Seniors in Reynoldsburg experience summer highs of 86 degrees making this city warmer than other areas of the state which might pique the interest of seniors who enjoy hot summer days. Winters are colder with lows of 21 degrees and 23 inches of annual snowfall, which might be a deterrent for seniors who dislike chilly weather.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Reynoldsburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Reynoldsburg start around $2,760 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Reynoldsburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Reynoldsburg
Reynoldsburg seniors who need help with their assisted living expenses may be able to get financial support through Ohio’s Medicaid waiver, known as the Assisted Living Waiver, or through MyCare Ohio.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Reynoldsburg
Reynoldsburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Reynoldsburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Reynoldsburg
Reynoldsburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Reynoldsburg, OH
Other Options in Reynoldsburg, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Reynoldsburg
Review of Priceless Senior Care Home
Nice clean rooms with flooring safe for walkers or wheel chairs residence. Comfortable & cozy and easy access to the bathroom. The staff are very caring & professional and treat your loved ... Read more
Review of The Inn At Summit Trail
I looked at The Inn At Summit Trail. That was very impressive, but we ruled it out because of its location. It was the most recent build, and it was spectacular. I only spoke with the admissions pe... Read more
Review of The Inn At Summit Trail
The Inn At Summit Trail is very clean. It's a newer place (about 3 years old), and it's very nice. We like it a lot. The staff who gave the tour was very good. She showed us everywhere and explaine... Read more