43 Assisted Living Facilities near Mcmurray, PA
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mcmurray area, with 2 in Mcmurray and 41 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mcmurray is $5,400 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Bethel Park with an average starting cost of $4,620.
To help you with your search, browse the 301 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mcmurray. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mcmurray 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bethel Park with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mcmurray, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mcmurray, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in McMurray
McMurray, PA, is a suburb of Pittsburgh located in Peters Township, which was one of the 13 original Townships of Washington County in 1781. The township, which includes McMurray and Venetia, has a population of just over 21,000, and close to 16 percent are aged 65 and older.
To accommodate the seniors in the area who want to retire in a safe and secure environment that aids with daily living, nursing care and personal care, there are 42 assisted living facilities in the area. Most commonly referred to as assisted living residences (ALRs) in McMurray, these facilities are regulated by the Department of Aging, Office of Long Term Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in McMurray
- Seniors who want to retire in McMurray may have trouble saving money after paying bills each month due to the elevated cost of living in the city. Compared to the national cost of living index of 100, McMurray has an index of 117.5.
- Crime in McMurray is low in comparison to the national average. For violent crime, McMurray ranked 9, which is less than the national average of 22.7. For property crime, McMurray is ranked 15.3, which is also lower than the national average of 35.4.
- McMurray gets around 39 inches of rain and 29 inches of snow per year, which is both just an inch more than the national averages. In July, the average high is around 82, which is ideal for seniors who like being outdoors. Winters are long and cold with average January lows around 20.
- McMurray is home to world-class medical facilities including the St. Clair Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Freedom Transit provides rides to and from medical appointments and for general errands for seniors in the area. This program offers door to door transportation Monday through Saturday at discounted fares for seniors.
- McMurray has an array of community resources for seniors, including Meals On Wheels, an organization that provides hot meals for seniors, including one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in McMurray
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Mcmurray start around $5,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mcmurray and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in McMurray
The state of Pennsylvania and McMurray do not provide assistance for seniors through the Medicaid State Plan who need help paying for an assisted living facility. The state also does not have any available waivers. Seniors in facilities in this state may need to rely solely on family support or insurance coverage for payment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in McMurray
McMurray and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in McMurray, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in McMurray
McMurray-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mcmurray
Review of Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township
I enjoyed meeting with the marketing director of Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township. He spent two and a half hours with us, went over everything, and toured us in the facility. I was somewh... Read more
Review of Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township
My father lives at Paramount Senior Living at Peters Township. They seem to respond to him pretty quick if they need to. He's had some theft though. He's had had some things disappear from his room... Read more
Review of ManorCare Health Services-Peters Township
Some of the care providers seemed kind and caring; otherss were not. The seniors living in these residences deserve respect and nurturing, care and above all kindness. Read more