29 Assisted Living Facilities near Canonsburg, PA
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Canonsburg area, with 2 in Canonsburg and 27 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 241 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Canonsburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Canonsburg 1.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mcmurray with an average rating of 3.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Canonsburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Canonsburg, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Canonsburg
The borough of Canonsburg became official when it was signed into being by Governor McKean in 1802 on the anniversary of George Washington's birthday. More than 200 years later, Canonsburg is home to almost 9,000 people, including more than 1,400 seniors. The borough has two assisted living facilities within its limits, but another 27 are accessible in nearby Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas.
In Canonsburg, and the rest of the state, both adult care homes and assisted living residences fall under the umbrella of assisted living facilities. The former is regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, while the latter is covered by the Department of Public Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Canonsburg
- If ozone levels exacerbate their health issues, seniors may want to stay away from Canonsburg and the Washington County area as a whole. The American Lung Association gives the county a D rating for ozone levels, but the area does get a passing score of a B for particle pollution.
- Canonsburg seniors benefit from Pennsylvania's retirement income tax policies. Pension income for those aged 60 or older is exempt as is Social Security, IRA and 401(k) money.
- The Canonsburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Canonsburg Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Canonsburg seniors can take advantage of the free fares for fixed routes on the Freedom Transit system. Seniors aged 65 or over are eligible, and there are also shared ride programs available.
- Canonsburg has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Southwestern Pennsylvania Area Agency on Aging, an organization that connects seniors to local programs and services, as well as one senior center.
- Crime rates in Canonsburg are extremely low, which may be appealing to seniors who are concerned about safety. Violent crime rates are 52 percent lower than the U.S. average, but property crime rates are more than 84 percent lower.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Canonsburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Canonsburg start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Canonsburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Canonsburg
Seniors who need help covering part of the cost of assisted living in Canonsburg may be able to get additional monies through Supplemental Social Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Canonsburg
Canonsburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Canonsburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Canonsburg
Canonsburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Canonsburg, PA
Other Options in Canonsburg, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Canonsburg
Review of Consulate Health Care of North Strabane
My father has been here for a year. Apparently it was taken over by new ownership. It has been downhill from the start. The quality of employees is getting worse, you watch the good ones burn... Read more