33 Assisted Living Facilities near Bridgeville, PA
Also serving communities of Upper St Clair, Oakdale.
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bridgeville area, with 4 in Bridgeville and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bridgeville is $2,667 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 263 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bridgeville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bridgeville 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mckees Rocks with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Bridgeville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bridgeville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Bridgeville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bridgeville
Bridgeville is located just eight miles southwest of downtown Pittsburgh, but its population of just over 5,000 residents gives it a small-town vibe. Bridgeville has a large senior population, with more than 21 percent of the population over the age of 65. Nestled between bridges to the north and south, Bridgeville is home to four assisted living facilities, and another 57 facilities are located nearby. In Bridgeville, as in all of Pennsylvania, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Human Services’ Bureau of Human Services Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bridgeville
- Bridgeville has warm summers and relatively mild winters. The average high temperature in July is 83 degrees, and in December, it’s 41 degrees. The borough gets about 34 inches of rain and 27 inches of snow annually, and it enjoys 160 sunny days each year, compared to the U.S. average of 205 sunny days. This is beneficial for seniors who enjoy the outdoors.
- The crime rate in Bridgeville is far lower than in nearby Pittsburgh, with a violent crime index of 13.1 compared to Pittsburgh’s index of 71.7. Thus Bridgeville may be seen as a safer place for seniors to live.
- Bridgeville’s cost of living is slightly higher than that of Pittsburgh—largely due to housing—but it’s lower than the U.S. average. The cost of living index in Bridgeville is 90, compared to Pittsburgh’s index of 88 and the U.S. average index of 100.
- Bridgeville has an array of community resources for seniors, including LifeSpan Community Centers, an organization that offers a broad range of activities and programming for aging adults, as well as many other senior centers in the area.
- Bridgeville has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in nearby Pittsburgh.
- While there’s not a lot to do in Bridgeville, Pittsburgh and other nearby communities offer a broad range of activities seniors would enjoy, including farmer’s markets, golf courses, theaters, museums, and restaurants.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bridgeville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Bridgeville start around $2,667 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bridgeville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bridgeville
Seniors on a budget may apply for Supplemental Security Income benefits, which are available to aging Pennsylvania residents to help pay for assisted living. Additionally, seniors with medical needs can apply for Medical Assistance as well as long-term care assistance through the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Human Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bridgeville
Bridgeville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bridgeville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bridgeville
Bridgeville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bridgeville, PA
Other Options in Bridgeville, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bridgeville
Review of Country Meadows - South Hills
I placed my husband at Country Meadows in South hills, he has an illness that makes communication difficult and he is almost unable to be mobile. I was called by him many nights with him crying ove... Read more
Review of Country Meadows - South Hills
My mom has moved into Country Meadows - South Hills. It's close to my house, so that's a plus. At first, my mom was in an isolation room. Then they moved her into a different room, but I have never... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Bridgeville
Elmcroft of Bridgeville was a small community, but it was very nice and very friendly. The room was nice, a decent size, and very homey-looking. The staff who gave me a tour was fantastic, and she ... Read more