36 Assisted Living Facilities near Coraopolis, PA
There are 36 Assisted Living Facilities in the Coraopolis area, with 3 in Coraopolis and 33 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Coraopolis is $4,850 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 144 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Coraopolis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Coraopolis 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sewickley with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Coraopolis find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Coraopolis, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Coraopolis, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Coraopolis
Coraopolis is a small borough in Allegheny County, about 10 miles west of Pittsburgh. It’s noted for its many brick streets and old homes, due in part to a history that pre-dates the Revolutionary War. These features may explain Coraopolis' unusually high senior population of 19.5 percent, which is significantly more than Pittsburgh’s 14.0 percent. The Coraopolis area also has a large number of assisted living facilities, with two in Corapolis and another 62 in nearby towns like Mckees Rocks and Sewickley. These facilities provide assistance with personal care and other daily living activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Coraopolis
- Seniors will find that Coraopolis's year-round climate is about average for the United States, based on the number of days with temperatures between 70 and 80 degrees. Coraopolis receives about 32 inches of snow per year, compared to an average of 26 inches for the United States. This borough also has 160 sunny days per year, significantly less than the average of 205 days for the U.S.
- The overall cost of living in Coraopolis is low, at about 83 percent of the national average. Housing is only 44 percent of the national average, but all other essential expenses are close to the average. Seniors living in Corapolis should, therefore, have no particular concerns about expenses.
- Coraopolis’ overall crime rate is higher than 85 percent of all cities in the U.S. Violent crime occurs at the rate of 7.59 per thousand people per year in Coraopolis, compared to a rate of 3.16 for all of Pennsylvania. Senior citizens in Coraopolis should be particularly cautious when leaving their homes.
- Port Authority of Allegheny County provides various modes of public transportation in this county. Routes 14 and 21 serve Coraopolis by rail, which is free to seniors with identification such as a Medicare card. Port Authority also provides door-to-door service for seniors who make reservations in advance.
- The Prime Time Activity Center in northwest Pittsburgh is less than 5 miles from Coraopolis. It offers many classes and workshops in addition to fitness programs. This senior center also provides community services for seniors.
- Coraopolis has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Sewickley.
Paying for Assisted Living in Coraopolis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Coraopolis start around $4,795 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Coraopolis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Coraopolis
Pennsylvania doesn't currently have any waivers that provide financial assistance with assisted living costs. However, it does offer a supplement to Supplemental Security Income for residents in non-nursing residential care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Coraopolis
Coraopolis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Coraopolis, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Coraopolis
Coraopolis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Coraopolis, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Coraopolis
Review of Hillview Home, Inc
I have had my cousin who I take care of at Hillview personal care home for a good five years I am very pleased with this place. I had her in other places where they stole her money and yelled at he... Read more
Review of Apple Blossom
I went to Apple Blossom, and the staff let me come in and I put on a mask. I actually sat there. It was an in-person visit, and it was a very good experience. They're very friendly and very accommo... Read more
Review of Hillview Home, Inc
I was referred to Hillview Home for my mother's after care following a stay at a rehabilitation facility. On my initial tour of the facility the personal care home appeared small and more like a h... Read more