16 Assisted Living Facilities near Ambridge, PA
Also serving communities of Aliquippa.
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ambridge area, with 2 in Ambridge and 14 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 38 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ambridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ambridge 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sewickley with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ambridge, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ambridge, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ambridge
Founded in 1905 by the American Bridge Company, the city of Ambridge lies 16 miles northwest of Pittsburgh along the Ohio River and is home to 6,649 people, 14.4% of whom are aged 65 and over. Some seniors in this age group may require assistance with the tasks of daily living, and there are two assisted living facilities within the town limits to accommodate them. Mckees Rocks, Moon Township and other nearby communities offer 14 other facilities to choose from.
In Pennsylvania, including Ambridge, assisted living residences (ALRs), as assisted living facilities are known, are licensed and regulated by the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ambridge
- At 85.6, the cost of living in Ambridge is 14% lower than the state and national averages, due to a housing index of 40.9 versus the state index of 88.7. Families of seniors moving to Ambridge to be near relatives in assisted living facilities may save money on housing, healthcare and groceries.
- Violent crime is 69.2 in Ambridge and property crime is 54.1. Both these stats are much higher the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. Seniors going into town may wish to safeguard their belongings and stay alert.
- The annual temperature range in Ambridge is 22 to 83, which is on par with the state average of 19 to 83. The town receives about 162 days of sun each year, compared to the U.S. average of 205. Families of seniors living in assisted living may wish to ask what precautions are taken to ensure the comfort of residents during extremely high or low temperatures.
- The air quality in Ambridge is four points below the national average of 58, so seniors with respiratory ailments should be about as comfortable here as in similarly sized towns across the U.S.
- In Ambridge and throughout Pennsylvania, seniors are exempt from taxes on retirement income, such as SSI, IRAs and 401(k)s. Seniors on a budget may have a bit more money to put toward assisted living fees.
- Charleroi has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Sewickley.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ambridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Ambridge start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ambridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ambridge
Pennsylvania seniors, such as those in Ambridge, may qualify for SSI and may be able to use their benefits to help pay for assisted living costs. According to PA Code 2800.27, seniors can't be charged more for assisted living than they make each month.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ambridge
Ambridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ambridge, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ambridge
Ambridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ambridge
Review of Elderberry Court
Mom is at Elderberry Court Life. I like the fact that they are willing to help out with the VA. The facility is nice, and the food is really good. It's homemade food. Some of the staff are somewhat... Read more