30 Assisted Living Facilities near Sewickley, PA
Also serving communities of Moon Township.
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sewickley area, with 2 in Sewickley and 28 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 126 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sewickley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sewickley 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Gibsonia with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sewickley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sewickley, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sewickley
Sewickley is technically designated as a borough, and its name comes from the Native American word for "sweet water." Today, this town is home to just under 6,000 people, almost 20 percent of whom are seniors aged 65 years or older. Two assisted living facilities are located in Sewickley to service the aging population, but another 25 can be found in nearby Pittsburgh and Moon Township.
In Sewickley and the entire state of Pennsylvania, assisted living facilities are referred to as assisted living residences or adult care homes. Adult care homes typically provide a higher level of care than assisted living residences. The Department of Aging and Department of Public Welfare oversee these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sewickley
- Allegheny County, where Sewickley is located, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Sewickley and greater Allegheny County received failing grades for both particle pollution rates and the ozone level. This could be a concern for seniors who have health issues that are made worse by pollution and low air quality.
- Seniors in Sewickley enjoy generous tax savings thanks to the fact that Pennsylvania doesn't tax income from 401(k)s, Social Security or IRAs. Pensions are also exempt for those aged 60 and over.
- The Sewickley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Heritage Valley Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- While the cost of living in Pennsylvania is right on par with the rest of the United States, Sewickley runs about 14 percent higher overall. However, both healthcare and goods and services are cheaper than the national average, by 6 and 3 percent respectively, which can offer seniors some savings.
- The crime rates in Sewickley are very low compared to both the national and state averages, which can provide seniors and their families some peace of mind. Property crime rates are around 48 percent lower than the U.S. average, but violent crime rates are almost 82 percent lower.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sewickley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Sewickley start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sewickley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sewickley
Seniors who need help paying for assisted living in Sewickley may be able to use money from Supplemental Social Security Income. Pennsylvania does not offer any waivers or programs to pay for assisted living at this time.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sewickley
Sewickley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sewickley, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sewickley
Sewickley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sewickley
Review of Concordia of Franklin Park
Concordia offered assisted and memory care, and it was well priced and intimate. So far we'd been OK with it. We'd been notified about things as we needed to be. We eat lunch with mom, and we can v... Read more
Review of Masonic Village at Sewickley
Masonic Village at Sewickley was top of the line. The rooms were beautiful. They had apartments, individual houses, and a medical center. It's above average. The dining rooms were very nice. They h... Read more
Review of Concordia of Franklin Park
I was impressed with Concordia. I thought the facility was nicely laid out. They had an exercise room. One of their smaller facilities had about a hundred beds or so. The room size was appropriate.... Read more