Allegheny Place

Reviews of Allegheny Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Allegheny Place

March 17, 2020

By Christie

Allegheny Place was a lovely place. The director of the facility was very knowledgeable about the place. They were doing some light exercise courses when we were there right in the main lobby, and they brought fresh-baked cookies out. We really liked the facility, but the rooms were very small for my in-laws. Their nurses came out and did an assessment on my father-in-law and they were very thorough, respectful and they gave us a good idea of what area or how many ADLs he would've required if he would've been there. The staff has followed up with me many times. The dining area looked very clean, but the place was a little bit dated.

January 15, 2017

By Kelvin100702

My mother is going to Allegheny Place. It is better than the other three or four places I went to see and within our budget. The family is pretty close, and it is a nice community setting. I like that it is clean and does not smell when you walk in. It is a nice place, and the staff is nice. I was impressed with it. The amenities were pretty good. They have the washer and dryer, and if they need help, they get help. They have a little computer room and therapists and doctors who come in. I had a pretty good meal there. I am happy with it. I have been there about three times taking care of business, and every time I have been there, it’s has been the same. It has been nice and clean, and the staff is helpful and professional. I like it.

September 07, 2015

Allegheny Place was a first class facility. It was new, bright, lively, and very attractive. The staff was very professional, very nice, and knowledgeable. They have different levels of rooms. They had single rooms, and they were beautiful. It was a large, bright dining room. They had numerous activities daily. It was a beautiful but very expensive facility.

June 26, 2014

By Anthony11

It is located in a good neighborhood, and the grounds are very well kept. However, it lacks accessibility to stores and stuff. If you have a vehicle, is it ideal, but if you are walking like me, it is a bit far. Everything is on one floor. I think the room is small, but it has its own bathroom and a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator. The dining area is like a restaurant with tablecloths, napkins, utensils, and drinking glasses. Most of the meals are good, and there's plenty to eat. They have activities for us every day. We recently have had gardening and games. They have a courtyard, and I like it.

Questions about Allegheny Place

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Allegheny Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range from early 60's to late 90's. Our residents like to spend time in our courtyard, play bingo, listen to live entertainment and go on outings to their favorite places.

What programs or activities does Allegheny Place offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Activities include morning exercise, bingo, arts/crafts, manicures, live entertainment, outings, playing cards/board games... Activities are based on the interests of the current residents and change with each new member of our community.

What transportation services does Allegheny Place offer to assisted living residents?

We have a van for transportation to Dr appointments 2 days per week. If an appointment is scheduled for another day, we will assist you in becoming a member of Access.

What makes the chef or dining program at Allegheny Place exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchen by our chef, with love. Our residents can participate in a food council meeting to share ideas with the chef. Once a week, the meal choices come from this meeting. Our residents have various choices to select from: main course; heart healthy; soup of the day; salad of the day; fun food; comfort foods.

What safety features or security measures does Allegheny Place offer to assisted living residents?

For our residents who may wander, we offer wanderguards. Our doors are also alarmed an locked nightly at 8pm.

How does Allegheny Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Phone calls or in-person conversations/meetings. Our doors are always open and a family does not need to schedule a meeting to discuss anything going on in our community.

If Allegheny Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept cats and dogs. We have an enclosed courtyard.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff is required to complete 2 online trainings and attend an in-person staff meeting each month.

What safety features or security measures does Allegheny Place provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer wanderguards and the doors are alarmed.

Costs for Allegheny Place

Photos of Allegheny Place

Services and Amenities of Allegheny Place

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room For Family Meals

• Technology Extra: Emergency Call System In Rooms, Emergency Pendant Call System

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 444890 - PERSONAL CARE HOMES

About Allegheny Place

At Allegheny Place, residents are at the center of our small, homelike senior living community. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time registered nurse and licensed practical nurse are available 24-hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Our community offers activities to help residents thrive in mind and body, such as bingo, card and board games, daily exercise, arts and crafts, ice cream social and music programs. Our beautiful, pet-friendly community features a private courtyard where residents can garden, relax and socialize in the fresh air.

You will love our convenient location--right across from St. Bartholomew's church!! We have a very warm and homey setting with an internal courtyard, which is completely enclosed and very safe. It has raised beds so that residents can garden, but since it is square-like, safe for our dementia residents to wander while enjoying the pleasures of fresh air!

Map of Allegheny Place