11 Assisted Living Facilities near Lower Burrell, PA
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lower Burrell area, with 2 in Lower Burrell and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lower Burrell is $3,165 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 45 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lower Burrell. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lower Burrell 3.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cheswick with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lower Burrell, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lower Burrell, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lower Burrell
Located 18 miles northeast of downtown Pittsburgh, Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania, is situated in the Appalachian Plateau next to the Allegheny River. There are 47 assisted living facilities in the greater Lower Burrell area that provide accommodations for the city's 20 percent senior population. Rather than being called assisted living facilities in the state of Pennsylvania, these centers are referred to as personal care homes (PCH) in Lower Burrell and are monitored by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. PCHs are defined by the state as residences that are licensed to provide shelter, meals, supervision and assistance with personal care tasks.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lower Burrell
- Throughout the United States, certain states are considered more retirement tax-friendly than others. Because Pennsylvania doesn't tax residents' social security income, Lower Burrell offers seniors the opportunity to enjoy tax cuts and spend more on assisted living costs.
- The cost of living in Lower Burrell is 11 percent cheaper than the national average cost of living. Seniors will find that though grocery, health and transportation costs are cheaper than the average costs throughout Pennsylvania, the housing costs make the biggest difference in making Lower Burrell affordable (21 percent cheaper than Pennsylvania's average housing costs and 32 percent cheaper than the United States' average housing costs).
- The Lower Burrell area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital, Allegheny Valley Hospital, located in Natrona Heights.
- With a crime rate of 15 crimes per 1,000 residents, Lower Burrell is considered safer than nearly half of the cities across the country. Seniors have a 1 in 67 chance of becoming a victim of violent or property crime in Lower Burrell.
- In Lower Burrell, winters are very cold and mostly cloudy, and summers tend to be warm and cloudy as well. Because the city experiences an average of 40 less sunny days than the national average, seniors who are seeking to enjoy the sunshine should look elsewhere for assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lower Burrell
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Lower Burrell start around $3,165 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lower Burrell and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lower Burrell
Because Pennsylvania does not offer any explicit resources for financial assistance for assisted living (PCH) in Lower Burrell, the state's official website that explores seniors' options for paying for long-term care suggests enrolling in long-term insurance or paying through personal savings.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lower Burrell
Lower Burrell and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lower Burrell, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lower Burrell
Lower Burrell-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lower Burrell
Review of Bayberry Place
We visited Bayberry Place. It was a little bit small, but it was very nice. The room was similar to others, but maybe a little bit small. They were not quite as large, but they were very nice. The ... Read more
Review of Logan Place
They have not had a housekeeper for months and they have gone Chef's - Some only last a week. They budget $5 per day for each Resident for Food. That is for 3 meals. We told them they need to ea... Read more
Review of Logan Place
We're pleased with Logan Place so far, my father is getting the care that he needs. We go there every day. They just got a new recreations director and she's been doing fun things with the people t... Read more