46 Assisted Living Facilities near Oakmont, PA
There are 46 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oakmont area, with 1 in Oakmont and 45 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 247 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oakmont. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oakmont 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Duquesne with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oakmont, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Oakmont, PA
45 Assisted Living Facilities near Oakmont, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oakmont
Oakmont is perhaps best known as the home of the Oakmont Country Club, which has hosted the U.S. Open several times. It is a suburban community with historic charm, touting Victorian houses and a landscaped walking trail for residents of all ages to enjoy. Seniors who like Oakmont and are in need of assisted living services will find one assisted living facility in Oakmont, as well as another 97 to choose from in nearby cities including Pittsburgh, Monroeville, and West Mifflin. All these assisted living communities provide personal care services within a safe, comfortable residential setting. Personal care services typically include medication management and assistance with the activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming. In all of Pennsylvania, assisted living communities are licensed by the state's Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oakmont
- Oakmont experiences warm, humid summers that are moderated somewhat by the city's proximity to the Great Lakes. Winters take residents through several cycles of freezing and thawing, with plenty of rain and clouds throughout the year.
- Oakmont has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Riverview Community Action Corporation, an organization that provides home-delivered meals, wellness and fitness classes, flu shots and a food pantry for seniors, as well as one senior center.
- Oakmont is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The cost of living in Oakmont is a mere 0.6 percent higher than the national average cost of living, making it a good choice for seniors on a fixed budget.
- The Oakmont area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Shadyside, Jefferson Hospital, and Forbes Hospital, all of which are located in nearby Pittsburgh, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Air quality in the Oakmont and Pittsburgh area is among the worst in the nation, ranking in the top 10 for both 24-hour and particle pollution. Seniors with respiratory difficulties may want to take this issue into consideration when deciding whether to move to the area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oakmont
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Oakmont start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oakmont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oakmont
While Pennsylvania doesn't offer any financial assistance to low-income seniors who need help paying their assisted living bills, it does feature two needs-based prescription assistance programs: PACE and PACENET. These should not be confused with the PACE program offered through Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oakmont
Oakmont and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oakmont, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oakmont
Oakmont-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Oakmont, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oakmont
Review of Oakwood Heights
My Father was need of 24 hour care which is why we went to the Westminster Unit of Presbyterian Senior Care. From the moment my Dad came to Westminster. they treated him like he was family. The... Read more
Review of Oakwood Heights
We found Presbyterian Senior Care (Westminster Place), and it was very good. We liked the familiarity and quality. They had everything there, and it was a lot. The place was very clean, and the roo... Read more
Review of Oakwood Heights
We found Presbyterian to be very helpful because my mother was starting to have dementia. They were very knowledgeable and caring. I thought the food was fair to good. There were no complaints abou... Read more