32 Assisted Living Facilities near Cheswick, PA
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cheswick area, with 2 in Cheswick and 30 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 169 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cheswick. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cheswick 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oakmont with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cheswick, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cheswick, PA
30 Assisted Living Facilities near Cheswick, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cheswick
The town of Cheswick began as a tavern providing refreshment for travelers on their way to Pittsburgh. Seniors can still take advantage of the town's proximity to the big city from two assisted living facilities in Cheswick, as well as another 78 in neighboring communities such as Monroeville, Saxonburg and Pittsburgh. All assisted living facilities in Pennsylvania, which are licensed by the state's Department of Human Services, provide personal care services within a safe and comfortable residential environment. These personal care services include medication management as well as help with the activities of daily living, such as grooming, bathing and dressing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cheswick
- Cheswick enjoys warm summers that are typically humid, fluctuating between thunderstorms and cooling trends coming down from Lake Eric. Winters also fluctuate between freezing and thawing, with lots of clouds throughout the year.
- Cheswick has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Allegheny County Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides health insurance counseling and transportation. Senior centers are available in nearby communities, including Pittsburgh.
- Cheswick's cost of living sits 9.7 percent below the average national cost of living, making the town an excellent choice for seniors working with a limited budget.
- The Cheswick area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center St. Margaret, Jefferson Hospital and Forbes Hospital, all of which are in nearby Pittsburgh, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cheswick is safer than 65 percent of the cities in the U.S., with an extremely low chance (1 in 10,000) of being a victim of a violent crime. Its property crime rate is also significantly lower than the crime rate for the state of Pennsylvania, so seniors should feel fairly safe living there.
- Cheswick is located in Allegheny County, which is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cheswick
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Cheswick start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cheswick and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cheswick
Pennsylvania doesn't have any state or federal programs to help low-income seniors financially with their assisted living costs. However, the state does offer two programs, PACE and PACENET, that help eligible seniors with the cost of prescription medication (these programs are not the same as Medicaid's PACE program, unavailable in Pennsylvania). A state supplement to SSI is also available for seniors who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cheswick
Cheswick and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cheswick, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cheswick
Cheswick-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Cheswick, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cheswick
Review of Amber Woods at Harmarvillage
My mom is in an assisted living facility now called Amber Woods at Harmarvillage. It is very good. Overall, they do a good job. My mom's room is very satisfactory. It is a large one-room that is se... Read more
Review of Concordia of Fox Chapel
I can't begin to express my gratitude to the staff at Concordia. My sister moved there a few months ago, and the family is very happy with the facility and the care she is receiving. Before she ... Read more
Review of Amber Woods at Harmarvillage
My mom went here but it was way too expensive. It was very nice but when my mom needed more care, they were over the top as far as money is concerned. The person who took care of my mom I will rate... Read more