Amber Woods Assisted Living & Harmarvillage

Reviews of Amber Woods Assisted Living & Harmarvillage

Assisted Living Reviews for Amber Woods Assisted Living & Harmarvillage

September 30, 2013

By Mark25

We liked Amber Woods the best and it was the best bank for the dollar. The place is clean and well-organized. The staff were friendly and they just impressed us. She has a studio apartment with a little kitchenette. They have bingo, art classes, physical therapy, and they also go to the grocery. My mother said the food is good. Right now they seem to be taking care of her needs and giving her medications. It's all positive so far.

July 14, 2013

By Lisa33

My grandmother is settled in Amber Woods at Harmar Village. She has been there about five weeks now. We chose this first of all because of it's cleanliness. Also the facility itself is absolutely beautiful. The price also came in to play. It is $1500 less than the second choice we have for her. I have met with multiple employees and I was extremely pleased with how they presented themselves and how welcoming they were. Their rooms are beautiful. They supply very nice quality furniture. My grandmother's room is probably 500 square feet in size. She has a full-sized bed and a kitchenette in her room. Also she is pleased with the food. She is on a specific diet because she is very susceptible to aspiration pneumonia and they really do everything they can to make sure she is following what she is supposed to be eating. They have a wellness program there five days a week and my grandmother goes to it everyday. Most of the activities are over by 7 p.m. and it is pretty quiet after that, so I would like more activities in the evening.

April 26, 2013

By Sandra20

My mom stayed at Amber Woods Assisted Living & Harmarvillage Care Center. We chose it because of the location. It was conveniently located where it was easy for the whole family to visit her. It was a clean facility although it was a little understaffed. I liked the director and every staff I talked to were friendly and accommodating.

June 29, 2011

By Upon66

My grandfather stayed here for a while off and on where he was often sent back to St. Margarets Hospital (wouldn't recommend at all) in Fox Chapel. The rooms were very nice and cozy. It felt more like a hotel than an Assisted Living Facility. You were allowed to bring in some of your own furniture (i.e. TV), which there was plenty of room. While often times while my grandfather was living there, but was at the hospital we had to get into his room, but often found it hard to get someone to open up the door (usually on the weekends). We had to call the facilities phone number and get someone down to open up the door. While the staff was friendly, I felt like there wasn't enough personnel there to accommodate the residents.

Nursing Home Reviews for Amber Woods Assisted Living & Harmarvillage

September 12, 2012

By Pixburgh10

The staff are friendly and cheerful, which is a very good thing for seniors at the facility. My grandmother had nothing but positive things to say about the staff. The facility is split into a few buildings including a small park, a comfortable dining room, a hair salon, and an exercise room. However, outside of the dining room the hallways resemble a hospital, with extremely harsh lighting and a strong antiseptic smell. The staff are all dressed in scrubs, which seems to make family members and residents a bit nervous. If the staff were to wear uniforms or casual clothes, it would make the environment feel much more safe and reassuring.

May 25, 2012

By krutm

The staff left soiled rags everywhere, including the resident's bed. They didn't change soiled sheets.

May 08, 2012

By Patti in PA

My mother is receiving quality care as her health is declining with Alzeheimer's. She is comfortable and not in any pain and the staff takes great care in providing all the skilled nursing care that she needs. The staff provides updates on her care and always keeps us in the loop of what is going on.

Services and Amenities of Amber Woods Assisted Living & Harmarvillage

• Spanish

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Amber Woods Assisted Living & Harmarvillage

Amber Woods Assisted Living & Harmarvillage is a senior living provider in Cheswick, Pennsylvania that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Amber Woods Assisted Living & Harmarvillage for more details on services and rates.

Map of Amber Woods Assisted Living & Harmarvillage