35 Assisted Living Facilities near Gibsonia, PA
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gibsonia area, with 2 in Gibsonia and 33 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 158 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gibsonia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gibsonia 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oakmont with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gibsonia, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Gibsonia, PA
33 Assisted Living Facilities near Gibsonia, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gibsonia
Home to both the La Casa Narcisi and Mazzotta wineries, Gibsonia offers residents, including the town's seniors, the chance to enjoy the local flavors and events like live music. The city has a pair of assisted living facilities, with another 33 in the surrounding areas for those aged 65 and older who need some help with activities of daily living.
Assisted living facilities in the Gibsonia area and in the state are designated as adult care homes or assisted living residences and are responsible to the Pennsylvania Department of Aging and the Department of Public Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gibsonia
- Allegheny County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The overall crime rate in Gibsonia runs about 76 percent lower than the U.S. average, meaning both seniors and their belongings are likely to be safe. In fact, this area is safer than a full 82 percent of other cities across the country. Even with these lower-than-average crime rates, seniors will still want to discuss security measures with any potential facilties.
- Greater Allegheny County received F grades from the American Lung Association for its poor air quality. Ozone and particle pollution levels are high, which may be problematic for some seniors, especially those with cardiovascular or pulmonary conditions.
- The Gibsonia area is appealing for seniors looking to make the most of their fixed incomes because Pennsylvania exempts most forms of retirement income from taxes.
- Gibsonia's cost of living is very close to both the state and national averages. However, seniors will save about 6 percent on healthcare compared to the rest of the country, which could translate to savings in assisted living costs.
- The Gibsonia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Barnabas Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gibsonia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Gibsonia start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gibsonia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gibsonia
While Pennsylvania does not have Medicaid assistance available for assisted living, Supplemental Social Security Income may be used to help pay costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gibsonia
Gibsonia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gibsonia, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gibsonia
Gibsonia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gibsonia
Review of The Village (St. Barnabas Health System)
We liked The Village at St. Barnabas. We visited the whole place, but we were interested in the assisted living. Everything was so nice and neat. Everybody was so pleasant. They had lots of places ... Read more
Review of The Arbors III
I visited this facility to see a family friend on Christmas Eve later at night and found the facility to be very heartwarming. Everything was peaceful and the rooms seemed a little small, but felt ... Read more
Review of The Arbors III
My father lived at this facility for 3 years, and I can't say enough good things about the owners and their staff. They always went above and beyond to provide feedback and information on his care... Read more