42 Assisted Living Facilities near Butler, PA
There are 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Butler area, with 8 in Butler and 34 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Butler is $3,250 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 105 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Butler. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Butler 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sarver with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Butler find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Butler, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Butler, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Butler
Butler, Pennsylvania, boasts a strong industrial history and was the birthplace of the American military jeep. Today, the city maintains a moderately small population of about 13,000 people and about 14 percent of the citizens are 65 or older. The Butler area caters to the senior population with a number of options for assisted living. Butler itself has eight facilities and another 32 are situated throughout neighboring communities, such as Mars, Cabot and Gibsonia.
Assisted living programs in Pennsylvania provide care in two types of facilities: personal care homes and assisted living residences (ALRs). Personal care homes assist primarily independent seniors, while ALRs serve people who require medical care along with daily staff support.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Butler
- The climate in Butler scores 48 out of 100 on Sperling's Comfort Index. The weather may not suit seniors who prefer outdoor activities, as the area sees fewer sunny days and more rain and snow than average for the U.S. Temperatures reach an average high of 83 degrees Fahrenheit in July and an average low of 18 degrees in January.
- Butler is one of the more affordable locations for seniors in Pennsylvania, as the overall cost of living is 7 percent lower than the state average and 10 percent lower than the U.S. average. Residents pay less than usual in Butler for healthcare, housing and utilities.
- Safety could be a concern for seniors in Butler, where the chances of property crime are above average. The chance of experiencing any type of crime, whether property or violent crime, is 1 in 25.
- Butler offers a variety of senior-friendly attractions for arts and culture, including the Butler Arts Festival, The Maridon Museum, which features Chinese and Japanese artwork and offers a senior discount, The Rodfathers of Butler and several historic sites operated by the Butler County Historical Society.
- Public transportation is available via Butler Transit Authority, where seniors 65 and older ride free with a state-issued senior citizen pass.
- The Butler area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Butler Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Butler
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Butler start around $3,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Butler and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Butler
Seniors with Medicaid in Pennsylvania may be eligible for financial coverage through the Aging Waiver, the Independence Waiver or Community HealthChoices. Those without Medicaid eligibility may qualify for the OPTIONS program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Butler
Butler and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Butler, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Butler
Butler-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Butler
Review of Lowrie Place
I have visited Lowrie Place and I was very impressed. The atmosphere and the staff is the real big deal about it. I like the way it's constructed, the privacy that's also incorporated with that con... Read more
Review of Newhaven Court at Clearview
I went to Newhaven Court at Clearview. It is very nice. So far the staff is very nice. We're just in the process of trying to get my mom moved in so there's a lot of things that we haven't gotten t... Read more
Review of Shelbourne Personal Care Home
The people there said the food was very good. The staff was very helpful and I had no appointment. They seemed very caring to the people. We were told another Company took them over last month... Read more