25 Assisted Living Facilities near Slippery Rock, PA
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in the Slippery Rock area, with 2 in Slippery Rock and 23 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Slippery Rock is $1,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 52 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Slippery Rock. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Slippery Rock 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Butler with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Slippery Rock, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Slippery Rock, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Slippery Rock
Slippery Rock is a borough located in Butler County, Pennsylvania, and its known for being the home place of Slippery Rock University. Though the area is popular with college students, almost 9 percent of the population is aged 65 years or older. To provide care and a comfortable place to live for these residents, Slippery Rock has two assisted living facilities.
Slippery Rock's assisted living facilities follow the state's categorization and are either referred to as assisted living residences or adult care homes. Adult care homes provide a higher level of care and are regulated by the Department of Public Welfare, while the Pennsylvania Department of Aging licenses assisted living residences.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Slippery Rock
- Seniors living off fixed retirement incomes may find they end up with more money in their pockets in Pennsylvania. 401(k)s, IRAs and Social Security retirement are exempt from taxation.
- The Slippery Rock area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Butler Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Slippery Rock can use the Butler Transit Authorities services to get around town and to surrounding cities. Seniors at least 65 years old can apply for a Senior Citizen Pass which allows them to ride all fixed routes for free.
- Slippery Rock has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Slippery Rock Senior Center, an organization that provides meals, help with tax returns and other services and lots of social activities.
- Cost of living in Slippery Rock runs about 2 percent less overall than the Pennsylvania state average. However, groceries and utilities cost about 10 percent more on average, which could take a little more out of a fixed-income budget.
- Property crime rates are about 60 percent lower in Slippery Rock than the rest of the United States on average, but violent crime is a little closer to average, coming in at just 12 percent lower. Seniors and their families may wish to double-check on the assisted living facilities security measures and policies.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Slippery Rock
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Slippery Rock start around $1,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Slippery Rock and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Slippery Rock
Seniors in Pennsylvania can use Supplemental Social Security Income to help pay for assisted living, but there are no Medicaid assistance programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Slippery Rock
Slippery Rock and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Slippery Rock, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Slippery Rock
Slippery Rock-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Slippery Rock, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Slippery Rock
Review of AMITY Slippery Rock Personal Care Home
I visited AMITY Slippery Rock Personal Care Home and their fees were too high. We can't afford to go there. It was kind of quaint, small, and not a very big place. They probably only have a dozen p... Read more
Review of Home 2 Me
I was at Home 2 Me a couple of times. It was very nice. What perked me up about the whole place was that it was clean and bright, and ideas were well organized. I didn’t have time to spend that muc... Read more
Review of Home 2 Me
What a WONDERFUL place !!!!! Staff is great home is beautiful !!! Great Food and lots of activities! Read more