55 Assisted Living Facilities near Zelienople, PA
Also serving communities of Harmony.
There are 55 Assisted Living Facilities in the Zelienople area, with 2 in Zelienople and 53 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 212 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Zelienople. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Zelienople 2.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ellwood City with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Zelienople, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Zelienople, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Zelienople
Zelienople, located in west-central Pennsylvania, was named by its founder Detmar Basse in 1802, after his daughter Zelie. Today, the city is home to a thriving senior community that makes up more than 24% of its total residents. Seniors who are thinking of transitioning into assisted living have two facilities to choose from in the city proper and an additional 52 facilities located in surrounding towns and cities. In Zelienople, just like in all of Pennsylvania, these facilities are known as assisted living residences and personal care homes, which are monitored and licensed by the Department of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Zelienople
- The cost of living in Zelienople is 106.6, higher than the U.S. average of 100, which could be a concern for seniors looking for assisted living in an affordable city. Although seniors can expect to pay less for groceries and healthcare here than in other locations in the state and country, transportation expenses are higher than both the state and national averages at 122, something for seniors to consider when preparing their monthly budgets.
Crime rates are low in Zelienople, which might give safety-conscious seniors and their families some peace of mind. The city has a violent crime rate of 8.6 and a property crime rate of 21.6, both considerably lower than the respective U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- Seniors with chronic respiratory issues may want to select a city with better air quality for retirement. The city has an air quality rating of 35 out of 100, more than 20 points lower than the national average of 58.
- Pennsylvania does not tax seniors on Social Security benefits, retirement savings account income or pensions, which could help Zelienople seniors have more money to put toward their monthly living expenses.
- The Zelienople area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Cranberry.
- Zelienople has year-round temperatures that range between 19 and 82 degrees. This city may be an ideal location for seniors wanting to retire somewhere that doesn’t have extreme hot or cold weather.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Zelienople
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Zelienople start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Zelienople and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Zelienople
The state of Pennsylvania does not have any Medicaid waivers to help with the costs of assisted living for Zelienople seniors. Those who qualify for SSI may be able to use those funds to put toward their expenses, and PA Code 2800.27 states assisted living residences cannot charge SSI recipients more than their monthly income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Zelienople
Zelienople and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Zelienople, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Zelienople
Zelienople-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Zelienople
Review of Passavant Community
My mother has lived at this community for about 13 years and recently moved to the personal care unit. She has had a full and stimulating life and has many activities which she enjoys. The person... Read more
Review of The Creek Meadows
As a family member of a patient at Creek Meadows, we would like to know who's shoulders it falls on when you have a woman with dementia and is taken to the Emergency Room with severe dehydration? ... Read more
Review of The Creek Meadows
I had a family member stay there for awhile. I think it is okay if not much help is required. Don't expect anything special because it's not going to happen. The meals are brought in by a small ... Read more