32 Assisted Living Facilities near Saxonburg, PA
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saxonburg area, with 3 in Saxonburg and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saxonburg is $3,294 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 92 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saxonburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saxonburg 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sarver with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Saxonburg find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saxonburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Saxonburg, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saxonburg
Saxonburg is a borough in Butler County, Pennsylvania, and part of the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. Residents can enjoy a quiet suburban lifestyle along with the big city excitement and amenities of Pittsburgh less than an hour away. Saxonburg is sensitive to its senior resident needs with 35 percent of its population over the age of 65.
Pennsylvania assisted living facilities are regulated and licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing, and are referred to as Assisted Living Residences. ALRs must provide a private living space with kitchen facilities and support aging in place. Saxonburg is home to two assisted living facilities within its borders, and there are 56 others available for seniors to choose from in the surrounding areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saxonburg
- The average crime rate in Saxonburg is higher than in downtown Pittsburgh, the state of Pennsylvania and national rates. Property crimes in the area are 2 percent higher than the U.S. average, and residents have an 8 percent higher chance of being a victim of violent crime. Seniors are encouraged to take safety precautions when going out in the city.
- The climate in Saxonburg may be a bit chilly for seniors who prefer warm seasons. July highs average 83 degrees Fahrenheit, while the January low is around 19 degrees. Precipitation is also higher than average in the area, with 40 inches of rain annually and 33 inches of snow.
- Saxonburg's cost of living is 4 percent higher than the national average, mostly due to inflated transportation costs. Seniors can save some money on grocery and healthcare costs that are 5 percent and 12 percent lower than the national average, respectively.
- The Saxonburg area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Kittanning.
- Seniors without personal transportation can take advantage of Butler Transit Authority bus service to get around the area and into Pittsburgh. Individuals who are at least 65 years old can ride for free with a PA Senior Citizen Transit Card.
- Pennsylvania is a retirement-friendly tax state due to the exemption of social security and retirement account incomes. Seniors over the age of 60 can also receive an exemption for pension income. Some seniors may also be eligible for Pennsylvania's Personal Income Tax Forgiveness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saxonburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Saxonburg start around $3,294 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saxonburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saxonburg
Seniors in need of financial assistance to cover the costs of assisted living can take advantage of Pennsylvania's Medicaid waiver programs. The Pennsylvania Department of Aging (PDA) waiver is currently offered to eligible seniors to help with the costs of support services. The Community Health Choices (CHC) program is being implemented as a replacement and will cover additional services not included in the PDA waiver coverage.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saxonburg
Saxonburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saxonburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saxonburg
Saxonburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saxonburg
Review of Magnolia Place of Saxonburg
I may be choosing Magnolia Place of Saxonburg. It has the level of care that my parents need and the other ones did not. The staff was very professional and helpful. The rooms were very spacious an... Read more
Review of Saxony Health Center
Patients in their rooms are not routinely checked (1 aide stopped in to check my aunt during my 2 hour visit!). I also did NOT see aides wash hands before or after, or even don gloves when delive... Read more
Review of Saxony Health Center
WORST FACILITY EVER! My father has been here for a couple of months. The level of care the staff shows toward patients is abysmal. The security on the grounds is a joke - patients can freely walk r... Read more