2 Assisted Living Facilities in Gallup, NM
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Gallup. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gallup 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gallup, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gallup
The city of Gallup has about 22,000 residents and a senior community that makes up about 12% of the population. This vibrant city has a rich art and cultural scene for residents of all ages to enjoy and is recognized for its numerous local artisans and trading posts. Local senior centers may provide day trips to cultural attractions like the Rex Museum, art galleries or nightly Indian dances.
Seniors who need personal care services in Gallup have two local assisted living facilities to choose from. Assisted living facilities for adults, as they are officially called in New Mexico, provide housing, meals and assistance with at least one daily living activity to residents. They are governed by the New Mexico Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gallup
- Gallup has an array of community resources for seniors, including the City of Gallup Senior Program, an organization that provides meals, transportation and informational resources to adults age 65 and over, as well as two senior centers.
- The Gallup area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Gallup Indian Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transportation in Gallup is provided by Gallup Express, which operates four fixed routes in the city. All of the company's transit vehicles are equipped with lifts and can accommodate wheelchairs, walkers and scooters that fit ADA guidelines.
- In New Mexico, all forms of retirement income, including Social Security, are taxed at the state level. However, the state offers a deduction to seniors with household income below a certain limit, which may free up money for assisted living expenses in Gallup.
- Gallup's air quality is very good, with the city receiving a rating of 78 out of 100. This is 20 points higher than the nationwide median, which may appeal to seniors who have respiratory or cardiovascular conditions worsened with poor air quality.
- Seniors who have limited means may find budget-friendly assisted living services in Gallup, where the overall cost of living is about 18% below the national median and 14% below the statewide median. While this is largely due to the low cost of housing, seniors may also find medical expenses to be relatively affordable here at 10% below the national median.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gallup
Average Monthly Costs
City in New Mexico
Assisted Living costs in Gallup start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gallup and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gallup
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gallup
Gallup and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gallup, please visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gallup
Gallup-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Mexico are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Gallup, NM
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gallup
Review of BeeHive Assisted Living Homes Of Gallup
My sister moved into BeeHive Homes of Gallup. They have meals, personal care, manicures, and activities. They have an RN who can give medication, and if a person needs hospice care or physical ther... Read more