3 Assisted Living Facilities in Caro, MI
Also serving communities of Mayville.
The average cost of assisted living in Caro is $2,675 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Caro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Caro 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sandusky with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Caro, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Caro
Caro, Michigan, is surrounded by Lake Heron and located about 30 minutes from Saginaw. The city prides itself on its small-town charm and is home to several popular fishing spots, historical buildings and a commercial center. These features may appeal to some of the area’s 1,229 residents, 18% of whom make up the city’s senior population. Caro is also home to three assisted living facilities that can accommodate those seniors who may be experiencing difficulties with living independently.
In all of Michigan, including Caro, assisted living facilities are referred to as adult foster care or homes for the aged, depending on the age of the residents and the level of service provided. These facilities are licensed by the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Caro
Social Security benefits are not taxed in Michigan, which might make living in Caro more affordable for seniors with restrictive budgets.
- Caro’s cost of living is 82.8, considerably lower than both the Michigan average of 96.7 and the U.S. average of 100. Residents can expect to pay less for groceries and healthcare in the city, which could appeal to seniors with tight budgets.
- The Caro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including McLaren Caro Region, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Caro has a violent crime rate of 24.8, slightly higher than the national average of 22.7; and a property crime rate of 49.2, almost 15 points higher than the national average of 35.4. Caro seniors may want to make sure they keep tight hold of their belongings and stay aware of their surroundings when they’re out in the city.
- Caro has good air quality which might make the city appealing to seniors with respiratory issues. The city has a score of 81 out of 100 on a scale where higher numbers equate to higher air quality, considerably higher than the national average of 58.
- July highs in Caro only reach 82 degrees Fahrenheit, which might appeal to seniors who have a hard time with extreme heat. Winter lows dip down to 12 degrees, and the city gets 40 inches of snow each year, 12 more than the national average of 28 inches, which could make getting out and about difficult for seniors who use mobility aids.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Caro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Caro start around $2,675 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Caro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Caro
Caro seniors who need assistance with the costs of assisted living have two options to choose from in Michigan. The state offers a Medicaid waiver called the Choice Waiver Program, and MI Health Link for residents who live in certain Michigan counties and are already enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Caro
Caro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Caro, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Caro
Caro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Caro
Review of Heritage Hill
My grandmother is in Heritage Hill. I love the people and the staff. Everybody is very helpful and accommodate the families’ needs. They are amazing. Read more
Review of Heritage Hill
We liked Heritage Hill in Caro, as well as the administrator and the employees that we talked with. We were very impressed with it. I didn't make an appointment, and there was some type of activity... Read more