5 Assisted Living Facilities near Cass City, MI
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cass City area, with 2 in Cass City and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cass City is $3,840 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Caro with an average starting cost of $3,100.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cass City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cass City 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mayville with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cass City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Cass City, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cass City
The small village of Cass City has just over 2,400 residents, more than 550 of whom are age 65 and older. It's home to the Rawson Memorial District Library, where local seniors can enjoy monthly movie nights as well as access to a variety of printed materials and computers with free wireless internet.
Cass City seniors who need assisted living have four local options to choose from, two of which are located within the city. These facilities, which are officially called homes for the aged, are licensed and monitored by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cass City
- The Cass City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hills & Dales General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Retirees in Cass City do not pay state income tax on their Social Security benefits, and a deduction can be claimed on other retirement income. This may reduce or eliminate their tax burden, making assisted living more affordable.
- The overall cost of living in Cass City is about 20% below the national average, primarily because of the affordable cost of housing and healthcare. This may result in more affordable assisted living expenses, which may benefit seniors with limited means.
- Cass City’s overall crime rate is lower than the national average, which may make the city a good option for seniors seeking a safe city for their retirement years. On a 100-point index, the city’s violent crime rate is about 10 points lower and the property crime rate about three points lower than the national average.
Summers in Cass City are comfortable with highs ranging between 72 and 81 degrees, which may appeal to seniors who are sensitive to extreme heat. Winters are cold with highs around 30 degrees, and the region receives an average of 42 inches of snow annually.
- According to data gathered by the American Lung Association, the Cass County region has average levels of ozone pollution, or smog. Smog may exacerbate certain health conditions, so seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular conditions may want to stay indoors on high ozone days.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cass City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Cass City start around $3,840 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cass City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cass City
Assisted living services in Cass City may be covered by the Medicaid State Plan or one of its waiver programs, including MI Health Link and MI Choice. Seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income are automatically eligible to receive the optional state supplement, which can be used at their discretion toward living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cass City
Cass City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cass City, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cass City
Cass City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cass City
Review of Northwood Meadows - A Senior Living Community
Northwood Meadows was beautiful, everything there was very nice, but they did not have any rooms. The staff was very knowledgeable. Everything was clean and well maintained. Read more
Review of Fulton Residential Care Corporation
I absolutely love this facility. It is privately owned and operated by some really great people. I have a friend that lives here. He is relatively independent however, he must have twenty four h... Read more