5 Assisted Living Facilities near Imlay City, MI
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Imlay City area, with 2 in Imlay City and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Imlay City is $2,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Attica with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Imlay City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Imlay City 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Attica with an average rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Imlay City, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Imlay City, MI
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Imlay City, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Imlay City
Located in the thumb of Michigan, Imlay City hosts the annual Eastern Michigan State Fair, typically held in July. Seniors, who make up 12.76% of the town's nearly 3,600 people, can enjoy the fair with family members, and they can also congregate with their peers at the Imlay City Senior Center, which offers activities and services for the elderly.
In Imlay City, those aged 65 and older who need assistance with the tasks of daily living, such as grooming and hygiene, can turn to one of two assisted living facilities, called Homes for the Aged.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Imlay City
- Michigan exempts seniors from state income tax on Social Security benefits, although pension income and withdrawals from retirement accounts are partially taxable. Imlay City seniors may have a bit more money to help pay for assisted living.
- The annual temperature range for Imlay City is 14 to 82 degrees. This may be good news for seniors who enjoy seasonal change but could make it difficult for those who are sensitive to extreme temperatures. Each year, about 35 inches of snow falls, 8 more than the U.S. norm.
- At 97.2, the cost of living is less than 1% higher than the state average and about 3% lower than the U.S. median of 100. However, the cost of housing at 71.5 is much lower in Imlay City, which could be good news for family members moving here to care for aging relatives.
- While Imlay City's violent crime rate of 23.8 is almost on par with the national average of 22.7, its property crime rate is 25.9, nearly 10 points lower than the U.S. median. Despite the moderate crime rates in the city, senior may want to ask the staff of prospective assisted living facilities what security protocols are in place to protect residents.
- Based on a scale of 1-100, the EPA assigned Imlay City an air quality of 73, 15 points higher than the national norm. This could be welcome news to aging citizens with chronic respiratory conditions.
- Imlay City has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Marlette.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Imlay City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Imlay City start around $2,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Imlay City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Imlay City
In Imlay City, low-income seniors may be eligible for assistance with assisted living costs via one of two Medicaid waivers, the MI Health Link or the MI Choice waivers, or through the optional state supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Imlay City
Imlay City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Imlay City, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Imlay City
Imlay City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Imlay City
Review of Heatherton Place Assisted Living
Absolutely an excellent place for your loved one(s) to live. Earl, Waynette, Charlie and Lynn will take excellent care of your family, and will make you feel welcomed and appreciated. Whether you l... Read more
Review of Heatherton Place Assisted Living
Heatherton Place Assisted Living is not a good place. There are only two people who work there and they are both very nice. Once a week, they play Bingo because a daughter of one of the residents b... Read more