5 Assisted Living Facilities near Romeo, MI
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Romeo area, with 2 in Romeo and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Romeo is $4,200 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Armada with an average starting cost of $3,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Romeo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Romeo 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Armada with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Romeo, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Romeo, MI
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Romeo, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Romeo
Romeo is a quaint village that's located in Macomb County, Michigan. It's well-known for its historic buildings, tree-lined streets and charming main street, which hosts unique local shops and services. Macomb County is home to a little over 870,000 residents, 16.6 percent of whom are over the age of 65. Officially, facilities that provide assisted living to the elderly throughout Michigan are known as Homes for the Aged. There are a total of two of these homes located in Romeo and an additional 40 in surrounding areas such as Armada, Leonard, and Oxford.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Romeo
- Macomb County's air quality has been assigned a passing grade by the American Lung Association, meaning that seniors don't have to worry about breathing polluted air.
- There are no facilities to choose from in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Mt. Clemens.
- Social Security income isn't taxed in Michigan and seniors living in the state pay reduced rates on all other types of retirement income. Seniors in Romeo and its surrounding areas can use these savings towards the cost of assisted living.
- Public transportation options are limited in Romeo. Seniors will need to rely on friends and family to travel safely throughout the area. Some homes for the aged may offer shuttle services to residents needing to travel to important appointments.
- The cost of healthcare in Romeo is 17 percent below the national average, which may save seniors quite a bit of money. However, it's worth noting that the overall cost of living in Romeo is actually 25 percent above the U.S. average, mostly as a result of high housing costs.
- Seniors living in Romeo can feel safe knowing that both violent and property crime rates are well below the state average. Only 0.28 violent crimes and 11.62 property crimes occur per 1,000 residents in Romeo each year. By comparison, Michigan has average crime rates of 4.59 violent crimes and 19.1 property crimes per 1,000 residents annually.
Paying for Assisted Living in Romeo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Romeo start around $4,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Romeo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Romeo
Seniors residing in assisted living facilities in Romeo can apply for financial assistance under the Medicaid State Plan, which covers the cost of services provided in homes for the aged.
Michigan offers an Optional State Supplement (OSS) to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients that can be used to pay for room and board costs. The state caps room and board charges for Medicaid eligible residents to the total sum of their OSS and SSI payments, less a monthly personal needs allowance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Romeo
Romeo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Romeo, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Romeo
Romeo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Romeo
Review of Orchard Grove Health Campus
Orchard Grove Health Campus is a really nice place. Everybody's friendly and very nice there. It's clean, well kept, and they're very concerned about everybody's welfare and treatment. They have do... Read more
Review of Angelica's Place
They had people sharing rooms, like two people in a room. It was a three story building, they had an elevator going up and two floors had the patients' rooms and a nurses' station. The top floor wa... Read more