The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Armada, MI for 2023
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Armada area, with 3 in Armada and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Armada is $3,300 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,875. Cheaper nearby regions include Armada with an average starting cost of $3,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Armada. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Armada 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Memphis with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Armada, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Armada, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Armada
Armada is a small Michigan village that was first mapped in the 1820s by federal surveyors. In the 1830s, European settlers flocked to the area in search of rich farming land. While the village experienced rapid growth, many of its structures were destroyed in a fire in 1899. It eventually rebuilt and is now home to over 5,500 residents, about 18% of whom are seniors.
Retirees who are looking for assisted living will find two facilities in Armada and another seven facilities nearby. These facilities are officially called homes for the aged and are governed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Armada
- Armada has relatively little crime compared to the region, state and nation, which may appeal to seniors seeking a safe community for their retirement. On a scale of 1 to 100, its violent crime rate is 7.3, compared to the U.S. average of 22.7, and its property crime rate is 11.9, versus the national average of 35.4.
- Armada's weather is typical of that of the rest of the state, with winter lows around 14 degrees and summer highs around 82 degrees. Seniors who are researching local assisted living options may want to find out what types of indoor activities are available during the cold months.
- Armada's cost of living is about 17% higher than the national average and 20% higher than the statewide average, which may be a consideration for seniors with tight budgets.
- The Armada area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Macomb.
- While ozone pollution levels in the Armada region are very high, the American Lung Association reports relatively low short-term particle pollution levels. This may benefit seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular conditions.
- Taxpayers age 65 and over can deduct a large portion of their retirement income, including pension income and withdrawals from retirement savings accounts. This may leave more money in the budget for assisted living expenses in Armada. In Michigan, Social Security benefits are not taxed at the state level.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Armada
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Armada start around $3,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Armada and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Armada
Assisted living services in Armada may be covered by the Medicaid State Plan or two Medicaid waiver programs, including the MI Health Link and the MI Choice waivers. Additionally, seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income may be eligible to receive the optional state supplement, which can be put towards assisted living expenses not covered by Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Armada
Armada and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Armada, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Armada
Armada-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Armada
Review of Pine View in Armada
My brother-in-law is in Pine View Assisted Living. There are four communities within that community, so the name of the whole community may be something different than that, and he's in the Pine Vi... Read more
Review of The Village Rehabilitation and Care Center
When we visited Advantage Senior Living, we saw that they had various levels, which included rehab, memory care, and regular assisted living. It was top notch, well decorated, and very nice. The ro... Read more