27 Assisted Living Facilities near Chesterfield, MI
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Chesterfield area, with 5 in Chesterfield and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Chesterfield is $3,197 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,425.
To help you with your search, browse the 156 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Chesterfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Chesterfield 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Macomb with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Chesterfield, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Chesterfield, MI
22 Assisted Living Facilities near Chesterfield, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Chesterfield Township is located in the southeast of Michigan and was officially established in 1842. The region was originally settled by Native Americans who harvested salt from the region's salt springs. Today, this community has over 46,000 residents, about 13 percent of whom are aged 65 and over.
Chesterfield is home to five assisted living facilities, and there are nearly two dozen more in nearby cities like New Haven and Utica. In this community, as in all of the state, assisted living facilities are licensed by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. They are for adults aged 60 and over and may also be referred to as homes for the aged.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chesterfield
- The American Lung Association gave Macomb County, where Chesterfield is located, an F for ozone pollution and a B for short-term particle pollution. This may affect the health of seniors, particularly those with certain medical conditions, and may be a consideration for those researching local assisted living facilities.
- The Chesterfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Henry Ford Macomb Health Center — Chesterfield, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Transportation for local seniors age 55 and over is provided by Chesterfield Senior Transportation Service. The service area's boundaries are I-69 to the north, 16 Mile Road to the south, Lake St. Clair to the east and M-53 to the west. While this service is free, donations are welcome.
- Chesterfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Office of Senior Services, an organization that offers a free legal assistance program for adults age 60 and over, as well as one senior center.
- Chesterfield is a relatively safe place to live, which may appeal to retirees who are looking for a safe community for assisted living. On a 100-point crime scale, the property crime rate is 27.1, versus the national average of 35.4, and the violent crime rate is 12, which is about 10 points lower than the national average of 22.7.
- In Chesterfield, seniors do not pay state income tax on Social Security income, and while other types of retirement income are taxable, there is a sizable deduction to offset the expense. This may leave more money for local assisted living expenses.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Chesterfield start around $3,197 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chesterfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Low-income seniors in Chesterfield may receive financial assistance with assisted living expenses through the Medicaid State Plan. There are also the MI Health Link and the MI Choice waver programs. Additionally, Supplemental Security Income recipients may use the optional state supplement toward room and board expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chesterfield
Chesterfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chesterfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chesterfield
Chesterfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Chesterfield, MI
Other Options in Chesterfield, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Review of Grace Premier Assisted Living - Chesterfield
When my family chose Grace it met one of the criterias that was most important to us and that was that the ownership and staff were engaged with the residence and families visiting in their facilit... Read more
Review of Prestige Commons
Prestige Commons looked clean, they had enough staff, and the rooms were big and spacious. A lot of the residents were just sitting and watching television, and some were sleeping. It's modern, nic... Read more
Review of Prestige Commons
I'm very pleased with care. The staff are friendly and keeps you informed. Their kindness to the residents is genuine. Read more