18 Assisted Living Facilities near Metamora, MI
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Metamora area, with 2 in Metamora and 16 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 42 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Metamora. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Metamora 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oxford with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Metamora, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Metamora, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Metamora
Metamora's name is taken from a Native American word that means "among the hills." This aptly named city sits about 900 feet above Lake Metamora, 1,280 feet at its tallest point, and is noted for its beautiful countryside. The community is home to a little over 4,000 people, nearly one in five of whom are aged 65 and over.
To support the growing senior population, Metamora has two assisted living facilities, and there are 15 more nearby. These facilities are officially called homes for the age, as they only serve adults age 60 and over, and they are licensed by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Metamora
- Metamora's summers tend to be mild with highs of 82 degrees, which may appeal to seniors who are sensitive to extreme heat. Winters are very cold with lows around 15. As they're touring assisted living facilities, seniors may want to seek out facilities with individual climate control to ensure comfort through the cold months.
- Metamora is an exceptionally safe place to live, with a safety index of 88. This indicates that the city is safer than 88% of all U.S. cities. When compared only to similarly sized cities, Metamora's crime rate is considerably below average. This may provide peace of mind for seniors moving to a local assisted living facility.
- Michigan seniors do not pay state income tax on Social Security benefits, and there is a deduction for all other types of retirement income. This may leave more money in the budget for assisted living expenses in Metamora.
- The Metamora area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Lapeer.
- The cost of living in Metamora is about 17% higher than the national average and 10% higher than the statewide average, which may be a consideration for seniors who have a tight retirement budget.
- Public transportation in Metamora is provided by the Greater Lapeer Transportation Authority. Older adults age 60 and over are eligible to ride for half-fare.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Metamora
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Metamora start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Metamora and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Metamora
Metamora seniors who meet income and asset limits may qualify to have assisted living services covered by the Medicaid State Plan or one of its waiver programs, including the MI Health Link and the MI Choice waiver programs. Those who receive the federal Supplemental Security Income cash benefit may be eligible to receive the optional state supplement, which can be used toward assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Metamora
Metamora and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Metamora, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Metamora
Metamora-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Metamora
Review of Metacare Inc
The care is good at Metacare Inc. I like the staff. They are very attentive, and even if there are only 16 residents, there's always a ton of staff on site 24/7. They do have some private rooms, bu... Read more
Review of Metacare Inc
My Mom was a resident for 10 months. My sister and I really liked the home atmosphere of the place. It is like one big family. We were happy with the care our Mom received here. The staff was alway... Read more
Review of Metacare Inc
It is a safe, Christian home environment which allows the residents to make choices. Staff is very caring (24/7). They strive to provide residents a variety of events and activities to keep themsel... Read more