14 Assisted Living Facilities near Street, MD
Also serving communities of Whiteford, Jarrettsville.
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Street area, with 2 in Street and 12 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 84 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Street. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Street 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Quarryville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Street, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Street, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Street
Street is a rural village in Harford County that still bears the marks of its earliest days as a Dutch colony, mostly in the older homes with gabled roofs near what was once a stop on the Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad line connecting Philadelphia with Washington.
Harford County is home to nearly 254,000 people, 16% of whom are seniors aged 65 and over. Modern Street has only two assisted living facilities for seniors within its limits, though others can be found in the rolling countryside nearby. These facilities, like others throughout the state, are regulated and licensed by the Maryland Department of Health Assisted Living Unit.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Street
- The weather in Street varies tremendously with the season. Summer highs in the Street area top 90 degrees in August, while winter lows average just 22 overnight in December and January. These temperature extremes can sometimes affect seniors who struggle with very high or very low temperatures. Street gets an average of just over 47 inches of rain and 18 inches of snow a year.
- The cost of living in Street is 31% higher overall than the national average. Seniors find an exception to the generally high cost of living in health care, which costs roughly 3% less in Street than it does nationwide.
- Crime rates in Street are close to the national average in most areas, though the low population density causes averages to fluctuate by a wide margin from year to year. Seniors with property in town are generally safer than the national average because local theft and vandalism rates are roughly half the national rate.
- Harford Transit helps seniors in Street get around the county on ADA-compliant buses. Paratransit service is available for riders with limited mobility, and passes are transferable to Baltimore.
- The Street area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Street has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Office on Aging, an organization that focuses on housing options, financial assistance and transportation services for local seniors, as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Street
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Street start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Street and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Street
Seniors who qualify for Medicaid may be able to get help paying for assisted living with Maryland’s Home and Community-Based Options waiver. The program only accepts new applicants as space allows, but seniors may apply for the waiting list.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Street
Street and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Street, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Street
Street-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Street
Review of Hart Heritage
My dear hard workers, Your kindness really mad a difference, your thoughtfulness really touched my heart, the gratitude I feel really can't be put into words. Thank you for all that you did to ma... Read more
Review of Hart Heritage
To the staff of Hart Heritage, Our family understands that facilities like Hart Heritage are designed to take care of people that they or their families are no longer safely qualified to take care... Read more
Review of Hart Heritage
To Danielle who Stella says saved her life last year when her heart rate was high. To Tasha and Stephanie who checked her sugar, blood pressure and gave her medicine & smiles. To Michelle in ... Read more