85 Assisted Living Facilities near Forest Hill, MD
There are 85 Assisted Living Facilities in the Forest Hill area, with 3 in Forest Hill and 82 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 417 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Forest Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Forest Hill 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oxon Hill with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Forest Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Forest Hill, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Forest Hill
Forest Hill is a rural community that grows some of the crops Harford County is known for, including grapes and peaches. Seniors who enjoy a glass of wine may enjoy visiting vineyards along the Piedmont Wine Trail, including Harford Vineyard and Winery. The area is home to around 18,000 people and 16% are aged 65 and older. There are 80 assisted living facilities in Forest Hill and the surrounding area, all licensed by the Maryland Department of Health, Assisted Living Unit.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Forest Hill
- The Forest Hill area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Air quality in Harford County, including Forest Hill, is mixed. The county received a B grade for 24-hour particle pollution in the State of the Air 2019 report. However, the county's high ozone pollution led to a failing grade in this category. Seniors may wish to investigate how this could impact their respiratory health.
- Income received from Social Security is exempt from state income tax in Maryland. Although income from retirement accounts and public pensions are taxed, taxpayers aged 65 and older can claim a deduction. Private pensions in the state are fully-taxed. There are no city or county sales taxes in Maryland, so seniors in Forest Hill only have to pay the state rate, which is lower than the national average.
- Forest Hill's overall crime rate is nine crimes per 1,000 residents, which is lower than 85% of Maryland's other towns and communities. Both violent crime and property crime are significantly lower than the state median, which may help seniors retiring to the area feel more secure.
- Forest Hill has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Harford County Office on Aging, an organization that provides information and support to older adults, as well as one senior center.
- The weather in Forest Hill tends to be comfortable throughout the year, with an average high temperature in July of 89 degrees and an average low in January of 25. The area has an average of six snowy days each year, allowing seniors plenty of opportunities to spend time outdoors, even during the winter months.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Forest Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Forest Hill start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Forest Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Forest Hill
Seniors in Forest Hill can receive financial assistance through the Optional State Supplement. People living in small assisted living facilities may also be eligible for Maryland's Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Forest Hill
Forest Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Forest Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Forest Hill
Forest Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Forest Hill, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Forest Hill
Review of Forest Hill Heights, LLC
I moved my mother into Forest Hill Heights about two weeks ago. It had a good reputation, good recommendations, and they only base the price on the level of care you need. If you needed a high leve... Read more
Review of Hart Heritage Estate
My aunt was a resident of Hart Heritage for a year before she passed away. The staff was exceptional. I lived out of state, and she wasn't able to live by herself, then with the COVID outbreak, i... Read more
Review of Forest Hill Heights, LLC
This facility has very caring and attentive personnel. They take great care in making sure that your loved one is well taken care of. The rooms are spacious, and have their own bathrooms. The st... Read more