Charter Senior Living of Towson Baltimore, MD

Reviews of Charter Senior Living of Towson

Assisted Living Reviews for Charter Senior Living of Towson

August 14, 2014

By Karen67125250

I really liked it. The rooms were nice. I just wasn't sure that was the best placement for my mother. They were right next to a Catholic church. My mother was Catholic, and I really like that. The staff was very nice.

May 29, 2014

It was fantastic, but it was too expensive for us. It was great. I just think that it was so nice; I wouldn't mind it for myself. It was probably for people who have high incomes. The dining area was great. The staff was excellent. They followed up on us. They were very professional, too. The facility was excellent. It was also very clean. You would think you were in a hotel or a spa. It was very nice.

May 20, 2014

I had a very good visit. The staff was great. They were friendly and informative. They even gave me snacks and they were very good. The rooms and the dining area were both very nice.

June 19, 2013

By Joan P.1

It was farther from my home but it was absolutely wonderfully. It was on the same level as it's counterpart in Pikesville. The staff was great and their director was fabulous. It seemed like everyone had gone to How-To-Be-Nice-To-People 101.

Questions about Charter Senior Living of Towson

What transportation services does Charter Senior Living of Towson offer to assisted living residents?

We have a shuttle available to residents for doctor appointments.

What safety features or security measures does Charter Senior Living of Towson offer to assisted living residents?

Every resident wears a GPS life alert pendant to accommodate their needs 24/7. All private bathrooms are equipped with slip resistant floors, pull cords, grab bars next to the toilet and in their walk in showers. Walk in showers also have a seat for safety. All doors in the community are secured from 8:00pm to 8:00am for safety. Visitors before 8:00am or after 8:00pm use the call button to enter and exit the community. Receptionist onsite from 9:00am to 8:00pm. Our memory care is a secured environment to ensure the safety of our residents. Nursing 24/7 as well as resident aids. Wander guards in assisted living. Safety railings in all hallways.

How does Charter Senior Living of Towson keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our community is continuously keeping our residents informed regarding their loved one. Facebook postings, calls as needed, email, text, postings throughout the community and at the front desk. Mailings and emails to families for family and friend events. Our executive director sends a monthly newsletter via email to ensure families are updated on events, programs, etc. Family meetings at any time at the request of the family. Our executive director and health and wellness director will request family meetings to discuss any concerns as necessary.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Charter Senior Living of Towson during daytime and nighttime hours?

Assisted Living - Our entire community has 24/7 nursing which means we have an actual nurse over night physically in the community to access any situation that might arise. 2 residents aids in assisted living over night and 3 during the day. In addition 3 nurses are in the community administering meds. Health and wellness director, charge nurse and resident care supervisor on site during regular business hours and rotating weekends.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Memory care has 23 residents total. Our entire community has 24/7 nursing which means we have an actual nurse over night physically in the community to access any situation that might arise. 2 residents aids in memory care over night and 3 during the day. Health and wellness director,charge nurse, resident care supervisor and memory care director on site during regular business hours and rotating weekends. Dedicated nurse specific to memory care administering meds.

Is Charter Senior Living of Towson affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are minutes away from two major hospitals. GBMC ( Greater Baltimore Medical Center) is 1 mile from the community. University of MD St Joseph's Medical Center is 2.0 miles from the community.

Costs for Charter Senior Living of Towson

Photos of Charter Senior Living of Towson

Services and Amenities of Charter Senior Living of Towson

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Charter Senior Living of Towson

If your loved one is looking for a community that offers a warm, cozy, and inviting environment, then you are home. Whether it's Assisted Living or Memory Care that is needed, we believe it's our calling to give everyone in our care - and their families - peace of mind and the chance to be their best selves. At Charter Senior Living of Towson, you will have everything you need to pursue creativity, celebrate opportunity, advance independence and experience life as you define it - whatever your needs may be. Come visit our Towson location and experience the Charter Senior Living difference for yourself!!

Charter Senior Living of Towson offers 24/7 onsite nursing. (over night onsite as well ). Tenured staff taking amazing care of your loved one. There is an 80% retention rate of our staff. Over 6 consecutive years of 0 deficiency state surveys. Community is within a mile of two very well known hospitals and location is convenient to restaurants, shopping, library, etc. Plenty of parking.

Map of Charter Senior Living of Towson