Avamere at Bethany

Reviews of Avamere at Bethany

Assisted Living Reviews for Avamere at Bethany

February 23, 2012

By ljwhite9

When I visited this home I was greeted with warm, friendly smiles and a handshake. I was there on a trip to sing to the residents there and they all seemed very happy to be living there. There was food in the back that was constantly being maintained by the staff and it all looked very good. There's an upstairs and a downstairs to this facility. On the ground floor is a large dining area with a piano and a nice foyer. The upstairs is the living area of the residents, I'm not sure if there is an elevator to get to the top floor, I would assume so. If there is no elevator, the two-floor building may pose a problem for residents with problems walking up and down stairs. Overall I liked this facility when I first walked through and think that it would be a good place for anyone in need of assisted living.

February 21, 2012

By Dirk Davison

I visited the facility several times to visit a member of my church's congregation who was living there. The feel from the moment you walk in is clean, bright and lively. It has a very upscale feel to it and I'm guessing the price matches that feel. Walking the halls with my friend we encountered many of her neighbors and they all were very friendly and easy to talk to. The staff has a Jamba Juice or Disney feel where there smiles feel fairly authentic even if you know they are required. The outside has nice garden areas that are very pleasant during the summer time. The apartments themselves are nice and spacious from the few I saw. The facility is certainly not for those that need constant individual care. Overall I certainly wouldn't mind spending my latter years there.

August 05, 2011

By A Hospital Social Worker

This is a very clean facility offering independent living and assisted living along with a dedicated memory care unit. It looks like a nice apartment building from the outside"”spacious and well maintained. There is an outside area for residents to gather"”with nice gardens and vegetation. In independent living, the apartments are of a nice size. And there is an ice cream parlor and a beautician and coffee shop onsite. There is a separate dining room for the memory care and the independent living residents. The staff seems pretty in tune and empathetic to personal needs all around, although a few of the residents who need more advanced care seem to be left alone and in bed for extended periods. There is a code at every door, and sometimes, visitors or residents are left waiting there. There is not a high turnover of staff, though. Otherwise, there is a fairly scheduled regime, with meals offered at set times. The food is standard fare, pretty bland. The activities also seem rather standard, mostly music therapy, although there are some outside performers in for special events. Avamere at Bethany might not be a good fit for those who need intensive one-on-one supervision.

Services and Amenities of Avamere at Bethany

• Renal

• Spanish

• Pets: All Pets

About Avamere at Bethany

Avamere at Bethany is an upscale senior living community offering luxury living in the comfort of your own cottage or assisted living apartment. In addition, a broad range of personal support services are available when you need them. The Arbor, our memory care residence, provides care and supervision in a warm and comfortable environment. The campus is north of Highway 26, off NW West Union Road, across from the Claremont Golf Course.

We have a large activity room which hosts Bingo, bible study, games, trivia, exercise classes and special occasions. We have a Theater Room that we host smaller events such as movie nights and special meetings. Every Friday we offer Catholic mass. During the week we have a non-denominational service and a bible study each Wednesday.

Your residence at Bethany includes three meals a day, maintenance, housekeeping once a week, free cable and telephone services. On site services include a salon, manicurist, massage therapist, podiatrist, hearing clinic, dental hygienist and dry cleaning.

Our location is close to Tanasbourne Shopping Centers. Our shuttle bus goes to Safeway, Fred Meyer, Target, and Albertson's. The bus is available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to take our residents to their local doctor appointments. Bethany's residents are active and involved. With happy hour every Friday we enjoy wine and appetizers while listening to live entertainment.

We would love you to come and join our family.

Map of Avamere at Bethany