The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Clackamas, OR for 2023
There are 47 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clackamas area, with 2 in Clackamas and 45 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Clackamas is $4,822 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,870. Cheaper nearby regions include Happy Valley with an average starting cost of $4,357.
To help you with your search, browse the 235 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clackamas. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clackamas 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Happy Valley with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clackamas, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Clackamas, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clackamas
As a Portland suburb, Clackamas offers seniors the benefits of city life but without the inconveniences of hectic urban centers. Clackamas is set within Clackamas County and is also included in the recreational Mt. Hood Territory, offering a variety of cultural and recreational activities seniors can explore.
Like all of Oregon, Clackamas' Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) are licensed through the Oregon Department of Human Services, Office of Licensing and Regulatory Oversight. ALFs are required to house at least six residents in individual units, with 24-hour access to supportive services in a homelike setting. There are two ALFs available within Clackamas' borders and 58 other options in the surrounding areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clackamas
- The crime rate in Clackamas is significantly higher than most of the U.S., with a crime index of 23 out of 100, making it more dangerous than 77 percent of American cities. Senior residents have a 1 in 38 chance of becoming a crime victim, with property crime being the biggest threat.
- The Clackamas area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who want to avoid extreme climates will appreciate Clackamas' milder temperatures, with July highs averaging 83 degrees Fahrenheit and January lows dipping to 36 degrees.
- Clackamas is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- Seniors in need of transportation will have access to TriMet, the Portland public transit system that serves Clackamas. Seniors who are 65 or older can pay reduced fares and receive priority seating as Honored Citizens.
- The cost of living in Clackamas County is 46 percent higher than the national average, which may be a struggle for seniors on a budget. This includes significantly higher housing and transportation costs, but seniors will pay average prices for groceries and 16 percent less for healthcare.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clackamas
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Clackamas start around $4,822 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clackamas and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clackamas
For eligible Oregon seniors, the state's Medicaid program offers some options to ease the costs of assisted living. The K Plan helps pay for long-term support services that are commonly associated with assisted living. The Independent Choices program provides monthly cash payments to eligible seniors for self-managed care. There are also two Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waivers to mitigate assisted living costs: The Aged and Physically Disabled (APD) and the Client-Employed Provider (CEP) waivers.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clackamas
Clackamas and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clackamas, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clackamas
Clackamas-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Clackamas, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clackamas
Review of Miramont Pointe
The staff provides good care of my dad. He has lived at Miramont for 14 years. As his eyesight and hearing have declined, the care has increased. When he was able to be more active, he enjoyed the ... Read more
Review of Princeton Village Assisted Living
My disabled Mom had maggots and flies in her room, so needless to say the housekeeping is non existent. They find a way to blame the resident for all of the staff's shortcomings. Read more
Review of Miramont Pointe
Miramont Pointe was brand new when I visited it. It is very clean and very nice. The food seems to be nice. I've heard that some people didn't like it. But I thought it was very good. As far as the... Read more