Meadowbrook Care Center Cincinnati, OH

Reviews of Meadowbrook Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Meadowbrook Care Center

May 15, 2013

By Thali

Mom has dementia and is at Meadowbrook Care Center. They make sure she's clean and she eats well. But she's unhappy where she is because she doesn't like it there. She knows she's not that far gone and she knows she's not like the other people, and I think that depresses her. I just wished that there was something in between, a ward where they can be free to roam wherever and for those that haven't quite reached the locked down stage yet but need a little more supervision. But there is not. They moved her for meals out to the atrium where other people were eating. And they tried that three times and every time she tried to escape out the door. They've got all the activities, but my mother is not a social person. She's always been a loner most of her life. But I know they've tried to put her in different things and they try to get her involved..

May 12, 2012

By bethham

Other

I toured this facility when my mother needed continuous IV therapy. I dreaded my decision to put her in here from the first day. The IV pole that her pump was on almost fell over every time she had to get up to go to the rest room-it was ancient. The rest room had a sliding door and then you had to exit it to go to the sink on the wall behind it. The shower was down the hall. I knew these things when I allowed her to be transferred there. Wheelchairs with loud patients would be lined up outside her door due to it being directly across from the nurses station. We sometimes couldn't get into the room or out of the room as a result of this. The nursing staff was caring and knowledgable, but only one on the floor was trained in dealing with PICC lines. That was frustrating. My biggest suggestion, research as much as you can before putting a loved one in a facility and know you can change your mind and move them elsewhere. I would not use this facility again.

April 04, 2012

By Mark a Alley

After looking for a while to find a good home for my mother we were able to find one in Meadow Brook. The nursing and help staff are very knowledgeable and kind and you can tell that that enjoy there work. They strive to keep a very clean and healthy environment for everyone that is there and they also work to give provide as normal a living standard as people are used to. Even when we make surprise visits we do not have to worry about mistreatment of any kind. The best times are over the holiday, they have a big meal and party for the residents and family, its not the same as being at home but they do there best to try and make as such. We had my mother in three nursing facility's before this one and all had major problems but once we moved her to Meadow Brook everything changed. We are very satisfied with Meadow Brook and would recommend it to anyone with loved ones in need of some place to call home.

About Meadowbrook Care Center

Meadowbrook Care Center is a senior living provider in Cincinnati, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Meadowbrook Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Meadowbrook Care Center