Joyful Senior Living

Reviews of Joyful Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Joyful Senior Living

November 12, 2020

By L Tadlock

I cannot say enough positive things about this community! My mother was in a facility where she was receiving adequate care. However, she was really slipping away from us because she needed more mental and physical stimulation. Once CoVid became part of the mix, she declined socially as well. We began searching for a place where she could get what her soul needed as well as the quality of physical care. The first day we visited Joyful Senior Living, I was immediately struck with the warmth that naturally flowed from Gino and Jessica. They have a heart to serve those in need of this level of care and to reach out to the families that are going through what can be a very difficult transition. They truly take the time to listen to the needs of the resident and implement the necessary steps to meet those needs. Mama has flourished under the care she has received in this home. It was so wonderful to see her blossom again as she was able to interact on a personal level again. We actually have videos of her singing! How well the name "Joyful" fits this home! The entire staff is so attentive and caring. They make sure that she receives physical activity everyday. The food is cooked right there in the beautiful kitchen and served fresh in a lovely and comfortable dining room. All the rooms are well lit with much natural light as well as supplemental lighting where needed. This home has been a great blessing to our family and specifically, Mama. We are all so very thankful for such a unique and caring place!

November 07, 2020

By Cindy Robinette

Joyful Senior Living! This is where our 97 year old mother now lives and there absolutely could not be a better name, for this facility, because the proprietors Jessica and Gino (along with their amazing staff), offer just that for our mother. She is, truly, experiencing joyful living! It is the best decision we could have made for our mother, where she could no longer be safe to live on her own. In the short time she has been living at Joyful Senior Living, she has been truly respected and loved and challenged physically, mentally, and emotionally to be the best she can be! Anyone who needs to make the decision to have their loved one live somewhere, besides their home, please look no further. You will be so blessed when you meet Jessica, Gino, and the staff.

November 06, 2020

By By AL

My 97 year old mother was admitted to your Joyful Senior Living Facility in Huntersville, NC the first of June 2020 - At this point & time, her physical condition was requiring more one on one care - I cannot begin to tell you what a blessing you & your facility have been & continue to be with my mother - First of all, your facility is very clean & spacious - All rooms are bright & airy with plenty of room to move around & be very comfortable for residents & family members while visiting their loved ones - There is plenty of room for walker & wheelchair accessibility inside & out - All activity areas have been covered well along with very nice locked fencing around the back yard for security purposes, spacious dining area along with fresh food being cooked in the kitchen every day, you have daily activities which include brain exercise (which I believe is essential for dementia patients), along with individual physical therapy that is needed for each individual resident - Overall, you give continued care for my mother to accommodate every need she may have - The loving care you & your special staff give her each & every day is absolutely wonderful! You have been “God Sent” to my mother - I love & appreciate you so very much for all you do! You certainly have a special gift for anyone who is looking for special care given to their loved ones! God bless each & every one of you from the bottom of my heart!

November 05, 2020

By Ana Kendera

I toured this facility and was gladly surprised how cozy and friendly it looks. Their staff welcomed us, showed us the facility and responded to our questions very politely. We liked the spacious and bright rooms, their kitchen area and their outdoor space. Their location is also very convenient to all the Lake Norman area. I feel like in a small facility like this one my dad will have a more personalized service and closer supervision. I will definitely recommends others to tour Joyful Senior Living. It is now in the top of our list.

November 03, 2020

By Barbara ect.

I had the opportunity to tour Joyful Senior Living shortly after it opened and was very impressed with what I found. The home is full of light, making it bright and cheery...something I would definitely need in a place I want to call home. I received a warm welcome from the staff and a resident who happened to be in the common area. I casually quizzed the resident about the home and she had nothing but good things to say about it, including how attentive the staff were and how good the food was. She liked being able to go outside and quietly sit in the enclosed back yard and just watch the traffic go by. Watching the staff interact with the resident, you could tell they had already created a close bond between them. Staff truly cared for the resident, meeting her needs in advance, yet still gently challenging her to physically rise to her highest level capable. I've been in a lot of long-term care communities over the years. And Joyful Senior Living is definitely a place I would consider for placement for someone who required the assisted living level of care.

November 02, 2020

By JorgeMB

I had the opportunity of visiting JSL facilities. Highly impressed by the first-class accommodations, truly feels like a home for people living there. Everything is modern and clean. Rooms are spacious and furniture is new. Nice patio and backyard for relaxing and enjoying outdoors. Modern kitchen, that will make their meals more enjoyable. Friendly, knowledgeable staff on site as well as amazing owners (Jessica and Gino), make this a great alternative for senior living.

November 02, 2020

By Darwufche

My 97yo mother is happily a resident and is receiving exemplary care by the impressive staff, who are kind, attentive, and thorough. The home is relatively new, extremely well maintained and clean. Its design has been thoughtful, not only functionally for residents and visitors, but even for visiting children. From my experience, this is a great find for anyone needing personalized assisted living. I highly recommend it.

October 25, 2020

By Amy and Margaret

Recently my mother and I went to tour Joyful Senior Living and we were very impressed! The home is beautiful, clean, warm, and inviting. The staff is very attentive to the residents and genuinely care about their happiness and well being. There are so many things the residents can enjoy. For example a good book being read to them or listening to a musician playing on their beautiful grand piano in the main family room. The Joyful Senior Living is definitely a place I will consider for my father.

Memory Care Reviews for Joyful Senior Living

Photos of Joyful Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Joyful Senior Living

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: FCL060162

About Joyful Senior Living

At Joyful Senior Living our priority is to ensure that our residents feel at home.

We offer the highest standard of care along with a compassionate home-like environment where our Residents will feel Safe, Respected and Engaged. We strive to create an environment where the Residents' daily needs are not only met but exceeded. Joyful Senior Living provides each Resident with 24/7 care and assistance with personal daily needs, medication management, laundry, housekeeping, healthy and nutritious meals and recreational activities to help stimulate, not only with cognitive but also with social skills. Our beautifully renovated residence has an open floor plan that features fully furnished, private and semi-private bedrooms, as well as a spacious kitchen, great room, and dining area. Our home is centrally located within the Lake Norman Area.

When you choose Joyful Senior Living, a wide variety of personalized services awaits, each developed and delivered by our skilled staff members to help make your life more comfortable and enjoyable. Our staff consists of Certified Nurse Assistants, Medical Technicians (supervised by a Registered Nurse), and an Activity Director, all of whom are highly qualified and thoroughly trained in the most efficient ways to care for our Residents to their satisfaction.

We are highly qualified to take care of residents with dementia and Alzheimer's disease. We work diligently to keep them safe and engaged. An Interdisciplinary team develops a Care Plan (which is updated as changes occur) addressing personal goals by taking into consideration to the unique needs and wants of both our Residents and their families.

We provide our Residents with 24/7 assistance and Emergency Care to make sure there’s always help when needed. We always welcome and encourage feedback on how we can improve our services! Please reach out to us if there is something different or more that you would like to see offered at our Assisted Living Home.

By the time many of our community members arrive at Joyful Senior Living, most require some degree of health and well being monitoring. Our Assisted Living Home provides complementary and personalized recreational activities to promote cognitive and physical skills, along with emotional and spiritual support. By catering to the individual needs of each of our residents, we strive to make Joyful Senior Living feel like home.? Joyful Senior Living provides the support required to carry on with dignity, with the same love and care a family member would provide. This support includes nutritious and healthy meal preparation services, transportation arrangements, daily housekeeping, linen changes and laundry services, dry cleaning arrangements, etc.

Residence Features

• One story home
  • Hardwood floors and slip-resistant shower surfaces
  • Alarm system and security cameras professionally monitored
  • Smoke detectors, heat detectors, and fire alarms
  • Wheelchair and walker accessible ramp
  • Exit door alarms
  • Grab-bars and handrails
  • Gated backyard space
  • Locked medications and hazardous substances

Amenities

• Beautifully furnished and spacious bedrooms
  • Private and semi-private options
  • Bed Alarms and Call Buttons connected to CNA's station
  • TVs in every room
  • Puzzles/Cards tables in Great Room
  • Fireplace in the Great Room
  • Gated backyard area with inviting patio sets
  • Monthly recreational activities that are focused on each resident's strengths, needs and interests

Care Team

• On-call physician services
  • Registered Nurse (RN) oversight
  • Executive director/Administrator
  • Activity Director
  • Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs)
  • Med Techs
  • Pharmacy Services
  • Registered dietitian for therapeutic diets
  • House maintenance crew