The Kenwood

Reviews of The Kenwood

Assisted Living Reviews for The Kenwood

November 19, 2012

By kwalters

It seemed like everybody there really cared for the residents of community. My friend's grandma got a lot of attention while we were there visiting her. They hold a lot of events to keep that promote community gathering for her and the other residents. She offered me her sandwich. I didn't want to eat it because I was expecting itto be really gross. Of course she forced me to eat it, I ate it, and it was really good! It tasted like something you could get from a sub restaurant. I always hear negative stereotypes about these sort of services but I didn't get that impression at all from this retirement community. They kept the community facilities clean. There is a fitness area for the people who live there that my friend's grandma uses quite regularly. I think a location like this is really necessary for somebody in their elder years, where they get taken care of with good nutrition and sufficient attention. It allows the people living there to feel at peace with them and the people they're living with.

October 07, 2012

By Dallas P

I thought this was an amazing place for my grandmother to stay in. They had everything most other assisted living facilities do not have, such as full cable tv, daily continental breakfast and so on. It seemed like more of a hotel stay then the normal assisted living facility. Everyone on the staff I met was helpful and nice and neat in apperance. We moved her to this place after a few other less then worthy places around the city. It does cost abit more per month then the average place but is well worth the extra cash to know grandma will be safe. I would have to say that out of every nursing home i have seen in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa this was the best place for her and it seemed she was the most happy with it as well. Although there are a lot of others living with and around her it is not over populated. So if you are ever in need of a care home in the mid west this would be a great place to check into and see if you would enjoy it.

Independent Living Reviews for The Kenwood

• Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

• Pets: Yes

About The Kenwood

Since 1987, The Kenwood Retirement Community has offered independent, assisted living and short-term senior rentals in Minneapolis’ historic Lowry Hill neighborhood and the peaceful Kenwood Isles area, just minutes from downtown and the heart of the Twin Cities.

A great location, fun social events, delicious dining, inviting apartments … we offer all this – and services to meet your needs now and in the future.

Senior Independent Living at the Kenwood combines the three elements vital to maintaining an active and independent lifestyle: freedom, choices and security.

Keep your independence while receiving care and services in the privacy of your own Assisted Living apartment. Delicious meals and eventful activity calendar complement our attentive 24-hour care staff, Social Work and Nursing Department, and in-house home care therapy services.

At The Kenwood, you don’t have to choose between stimulating urban living or the harmony of a close-knit community. Along with our panoramic view of the downtown Minneapolis skyline, The Kenwood offers the best of both worlds.

Map of The Kenwood