Pine Ridge of Hayes

Reviews of Pine Ridge of Hayes

Independent Living Reviews for Pine Ridge of Hayes

March 06, 2017

By Kandice K.

Pine Ridge of Hayes Senior Living is a really cute community. The cutest thing about it is they actually have outdoor living space for the residents. It was the only property we looked at that was all on 1-floor. If you have somebody who is on a motor scooter or needs handicapped accessibility, you don’t have to worry about stairs or about elevators, which is great. Mom liked this place because it was all on one floor. They had screened porches for every resident, so off the back of your apartment you had a screened in porch, so you could still have a little outdoor time, and they have a little garden club. The residents were a little older than mom, but the activities director and the staff were very in-tune with the residents. There were only 83 or 85 residents, so it was the best ratio as far as residents to the location. She had put a down payment on them as far as to hold the apartment. They have one apartment coming available, so we were really interested in moving forward, and this was the first place we looked at that didn’t have a wait, so there was a lot of positive to it. But the apartments were just so outdated and I don’t know if they fix them up before they put the residents into them. This one hadn’t been fixed up yet, but there was apparent mold damage. It was really outdated, and there was also a gentleman smoking right in front of the building when we got there. He was a resident, and that really turned us off because mom, every time she was watching the front door, would complain about that cigarette smoke. Charlene was the woman we spoke to, and she was a blessing. I really commend her for all of her efforts; she was great. I also talked to her colleague, Mary, over the phone, and she was great as well. I cannot say enough good things about the folks that work there, and we’ve already told them that we would keep them in mind if there was another move in the near future. Each apartment has a dropdown like an attic storage area, and you don’t see that anywhere. So if you have somebody who is looking to move and has a lot of stuff, rather junking the trunk, this might be the place you might look for because you have enough attic space in there, and there is nothing extra added to your rent because it is in your apartment.

November 05, 2016

By Charles770360

Pine Ridge of Hayes seemed to be old. The construction was very dated, and my wife did not like it at all. The staff person was very nice; she also showed us around, answered all of our questions, and was very friendly. We saw them playing Bingo, and we saw the rooms where people can play games or do puzzles.

September 30, 2016

By Elaine511420

Pine Ridge of Hayes was fine. I believe it was more expensive than some of the other ones I have been looking at. It was excellent, and everything was fine. It was clean, neat, smelled good, and looked good.

September 29, 2016

By Lori884833

They were very helpful, and the apartment at Pine Ridge of Hayes was more appropriate for my dad. It had things that he liked, the people were accommodating, the apartment was available, and we liked it. So far, it has only been a month and a half, and we haven’t had any issues yet, but he seemed to be happy there. He seems to like the food, so that’s a good thing. I think it’s going to work out.

May 10, 2016

By JDGAUY

Pine Ridge was nice but old and terribly dated. It seemed they had all the amenities for people for less than half if what it costs where my mom is now, but it's a lot smaller. I think they're pretty good and nice, especially for the price.

May 26, 2015

By Rich9

Mom is at Pine Ridge of Hayes. I like us being able to choose the variety of services on an a la carte basis. The staff was very helpful. They have single bedroom apartments with small efficiency kitchens. Each room has a patio area as well. They have a central dining room which mom gets escorted to and from on a regular basis.

February 22, 2015

By Janet102448550

I already have my parents in an assisted living facility. I thought it was nice. People seemed nice, they invited us to breakfast, and the food seemed decent. It was nice, and it was in our price range. I picked it because of its location. We all lived close to it, and it was reasonable. Like I said it was clean, and the rooms were of a nice size. They live in their little apartment. I don't know if they have enough staff over there, but that is just my opinion. They haven't been there long enough yet, but I think they need more help. The people there are very friendly, and they are nice. The staff there is very nice because they go out of their way to do things. It's nice, but I just think they need a few more people there for the residents they have. My father for one is very needy. If everybody there is like him, then they don't have enough. That's how I look at it.

January 20, 2015

By June'sSon

Pine Ridge Hayes was recommended to us by a friend and we found everything we were told to be true. The facility is well kept and inviting, with rooms that are well designed for comfortable living. The administration was very helpful during our mom's entire stay. The Parental Care staff was exceptional. The kitchen and cleaning staffs were always helpful and pleasant, which made my mom feel very much at home. She enjoyed the activities, particularly the music presentations. It was a wonderful experience for my mother and I would highly recommend Pine Ridge Hayes.

January 16, 2015

By sircrafts

This is like living with my family. The staff and residence. are wonderful. I would recommend this residende to anyone, infact I am the welcome committee for people who tour this facility.

February 24, 2014

Pine Ridge of Hayes Senior Living was too big for my sister-in-law. What we didn’t like was that they just kept her in her room. They would just get her out of her bed and she would sit in front of the TV in her room all day. They would bring her food to her room and that's just about it. They lost her teeth while she was there and lost her toilet seat that we took in and so we moved her out there. The place is too overwhelming for her with that many people. It would have been a good facility for retired active people or for those seniors who can socialize, but in her case it’s not that suitable for her.

May 21, 2012

I didn't feel rushed, and the staff were easy to talk to. It has all the same features as the other facility we visited, just a different atmosphere from the other Pine Ridge facility.

Questions about Pine Ridge of Hayes

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pine Ridge of Hayes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 83. Favorite things to do include cards, entertainment, bus trips, movies, bingo, singing group, shopping, games, exercising, Happy Hour, arts & crafts, cooking demonstrations.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Senior Centers, Movies, Shopping Malls, Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Cider Mills, Parks.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Pine Ridge of Hayes has organized?

Stoney Creek Park, MGM Casino, Movie Theater, Father Solanus tour, Green House, Restaurant for lunch.

What transportation services does Pine Ridge of Hayes offer to independent living residents?

Transportation is offered on select days for doctor appointments, errands and other requests that are within a 10 mile one-way radius from our community. Transportation is also provided to the grocery store every Wednesday.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pine Ridge of Hayes exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our meals are homemade and appealing to our residents' taste. Our menu consists of breakfast, lunch and dinner with a variety of choices and of different ethnic cuisine. Our residents consistently say how great the food is to family and visitors.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Living room area in front of community, outside rocking chairs and benches, Dining room, Bistro, sitting areas throughout our community and Back Activity room & patio.

What safety features or security measures does Pine Ridge of Hayes offer to independent living residents?

All outside doors are locked with keyed access. The main door in the front entrance is unlocked during business hours. We have a concierge at our front desk from 8am-9pm. All residents are encouraged to wear their emergency response pendants for an immediate response from the 3rd party home healthcare company on site.

If Pine Ridge of Hayes accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and pets are free to enjoy the screened in patio attached to every apartment, our courtyards, and our new addition - the dog run area.

Does Pine Ridge of Hayes work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

A separate Third-Party company is on-site to provide a variety of enhanced care services if our residents should need them.

Costs for Pine Ridge of Hayes

Photos of Pine Ridge of Hayes

Services and Amenities of Pine Ridge of Hayes

• Independent Living Starting At: $2055/month

• Financial Guidance Extra: Medicaid Not Accepted

• State Licenses: B98-0369

About Pine Ridge of Hayes

Our independent senior living community provides the versatility and benefits of being in your own home without the burdens and complexities of everyday life. Our seniors benefit from an independent lifestyle that promotes new friendships, community involvement and connection to you and your neighbors.

85 Rooms on a single floor are designed for seniors that still like to have a full kitchen, living room and screened in patio.

Map of Pine Ridge of Hayes