Lakepointe Senior Care and Rehab Center

Reviews of Lakepointe Senior Care and Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Lakepointe Senior Care and Rehab Center

July 27, 2016

By Penny448502

Lakepointe Senior Care and Rehab Center has just renovated the whole area and separated it from the nursing home section. I had excellent care there in the rehab center. They had everything, including patient involvement in different activities, and a beautiful kitchen and dining area. It was a beautiful facility. They’re very friendly people who very much helped me.

March 29, 2016

By stay1

My mother stayed as a resident for rehab. The facility was newly remodled and clean. Very nice staff and rehab gym was nice.

December 17, 2015

By Kaylagray

My brother has been in this facility for a few months and I am more than satisfied with the care he has received. He has gotten so much love and compassion from each staff member, it was amazing to see. I came to the building every day to visit and from management to the nurses and aides, I was pleased to be around people who genuinely loved their job. While he was there, he got PT and OT and he has made great strides. The doctor was so great while he was here, that he hopes to follow up with this doctor after he leaves the facility. I felt comfortable and welcomed here and my family is so thankful for what LakePointe has done for him. He has come a long way and we know feel like it is time for him to come home. My heart is so warm thinking about the time we had at LakePointe, out of 5 stars, I would give it 10!

January 23, 2015

By Alexsis

My father was sent here after a short stay at the hospital. The staff was very rude, and my father sat in his own feces without being changed for more than ten hours. I know because I was there the entire time with him. They delivered his food to his room, and he was unable to fully lift the cup or fork to his mouth. No one there assisted him in doing this. They simply set the tray of food down in front of him and came back and picked it up several hours later, after it sitting in front of him and being unable to eat. If I were to rate this home, I would say they were criminal and neglected my Father. We had to call emergency services for an ambulance to transport him out of the home to a hospital to receive proper nutrition and fluids. Do Not Send ANYONE to this establishment. There are several Doctor's on staff, but they all work at different homes and the Doctor's saw my Father for approximately sixty seconds maybe once a week. I would not take anyone here as they would be left to their own devices and would most probably be left for dead as my Dad was. Save yourself the time and aggravation and find a good home right at the beginning. I would not recommend this home to anyone, EVER!

December 18, 2014

By Angrybirdd

As being a nursing student I have always kept my eyes open for experiences on how to become a great nurse. After being at this facility I definitely know what kind of nurse I will never want to be. To start off the facility itself was an older building but that is not what started this negative outlook. After entering the building I told them I would need a wheelchair for my dad since he is still unstable with his balance. They made us wait in the car for a half hour before we got a wheelchair just to simply wheel him to his room. After getting situated in the room, everything seemed fine until the family and I realized we were waiting for the nurse to admit my dad to get information about his plans and so forth but nobody came. I saw a nurse fly on by and asked If I could speak to her but she told me she would be gone a half hour since she was on her break and when she came back she would admit my dad. Half hour turned into... 2.5 hours!!! In the meantime of waiting my dad had to use the restroom twice but since we were not seen by anyone at this point, we did not have any assistive devices to go to the restroom so I took him myself. The call light was on for an hour prior and a CNA finally came to our room and asked us if everything was alright, I was on fire at this point and knew if we were not there my father could have fell by simply trying to use the restroom since no one was there to help. If you have a family member sent to this location please save yourself the trouble and do not take them there. They do not deserve your money or time. Needless to say they did not get any of our money.

April 06, 2014

By homecarecureton

Other

I was very upset that my mom had to suffer through a stay here. My mom broke her ankle an was to rehab here, and the night mare began. My mother had food poising and was left in her on bowel for 2 hours. My mom had to purchase her own medical supplies while she was here. I will be contacting Medicare in every effort to shut this place down.

May 07, 2013

By Verntripp

This facility is for"profit only"! Your loved one may be loved by you but if "you care" anything about them , Do not let them be Placed here! They have"no compassion" My Mom had been a long term resident for two years, totally dependent on the "skilled nursing staff.Dementia and Heart disease were her biggest complaints but she was basically docile and bed-ridden for the last two years! She became I'll and had to be hospitalized in March and April 2013 and before she could get out the door , they had packed up her belongings and assigned another patient to her room! The worst part is that after my Mom "recovered" and returned to this facIlity, they did not reassign the patient in her room"they chose to play musical chairs with my mom!when I inquired about the changes I was lied to by staff and ignored by management! No apologies, explanations or recourse was given and I removed my Mom ASAP and she is being"well taken care of to date" I forgot to this was done even though "I visited with my Mom "daily"! I did the research and toured the facilty prior to my Mom's placement and they were rated five star accoring to medicare.gov ,two years ago. Their rating has since go e down to two star according to Medicare.gov. If you care about your loved one, "run" from this facility. The have no compassion for your loved one , it's all about the "money"

About Lakepointe Senior Care and Rehab Center

Lakepointe Senior Care and Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Clinton Township, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Lakepointe Senior Care and Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Lakepointe Senior Care and Rehab Center