New Horizon Share Home Winter Haven, FL

Reviews of New Horizon Share Home

Assisted Living Reviews for New Horizon Share Home

September 05, 2019

By FSUGolf05

I realize most poor reviews stem from a bad experience and hopefully those experiences are few and far between. But my review is factual and hopefully helps others considering New Horizon. This facility and the staff have very limited capabilities and the crew is very lean. My relative was there only two weeks before I received a call giving us a 45 day eviction notice. The eviction notice was because my relative was deemed "exit seeking" for looking out the window. Also someone needing help sitting down or using the restroom is too much for the staff to handle. I've repeatedly asked for copies of intake paperwork, 1823 form, and numerous questions which always go unanswered. I never even received an invoice for rent. The admission process is very weak and no assessment is given. The visitation policy is also substantially inadequate. Visitors come and go without signing in and no one asks who they are. I was even told "not to worry about signing in" on my 2nd trip there. If your relative is considering New Horizon make sure he/she is capable of every day tasks. It's babysitting with a license to dispense medication. Nothing more.

October 04, 2017

By Karen Bivens

My mother lived at New Horizon for five years and I can't say enough about the great care she received. It is clean and the staff take pride in all they do. I live in Lakeland and drove to Winter Haven because of the excellent care my mom received.

November 23, 2013

By Barbarra

New Horizon looked like it needed a lot of repair work and cleaning. I had no desire in living in a place that wasn’t clean.

June 13, 2012

By gratefuldaughter

Most of the staff was extremely loving to my mother. A couple of them went far beyond normal care giving duties. I can honestly say that my mother was very loved there. Whenever I came to visit someone was with her laughing and carrying on. Mother always said the food was pretty good and the staff would sometimes buy sweets for them. They also were provided with 2 snacks a day along with the 3 meals. They had alot of activities including crafts, bingo, church services, musical entertainment, story time, and video games. The facility was always very clean with no foul odors present. The housekeepers were very diligent and her laundry was always brought back smelling clean and fresh. I'm very happy my mother was at that particular facility.

Costs for New Horizon Share Home

Photos of New Horizon Share Home

Services and Amenities of New Horizon Share Home

• Companion Suites: No
  • Housing Extra: Private And Semi Private Rooms

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• Licenses: AL#5495
  • State Licenses: AL5495

About New Horizon Share Home

Welcome to New Horizon. We offer the perfect complement of assisted living services for seniors who need help with daily living, but who want to maintain as much independence as possible. You and your family will have peace of mind knowing that you will get the personalized care and extra support you need. With so much available right here, many of our residents never require services beyond the assisted living level, eliminating the need for a nursing home altogether.

In our beautiful park like setting, New Horizon offers assisted living graced with love and dignity for our residents. We celebrate life here. Each day is special and has a point of interest. Birthdays are celebrated with vigor. At New Horizon, our staff will respect your privacy and independence, so that you can continue living your life with choices. Through special events and activity programs, we offer opportunities for our residents to get to know each other. Of course residents don't have to participate, but we do encourage our residents to develop new friends and relationships at New Horizon.

Value:

There are no hidden costs, buy-in fees, level of care fees or pre-paid leases. For an all-inclusive monthly-fee, you will receive everything included in your complete Service Care Plan, plus:

• Choice of available one bedroom units with bathroom
  • Three homemade meals each day as well as snacks served to you, restaurant-style, in our dining room.
  • Full-time activity program
  • Assistance with scheduling transportation to activities and appointments
  • Daily housekeeping and linen service
  • Spacious common areas, including TV room, library, and beautifully landscaped courtyard and gazebo.
  • All utilities except telephone and cable

Your Complete Care Plan includes the following services at no extra charge:

• Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
  • Assistance with medication
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Complete laundry and housekeeping services daily
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Transfer assistance
  • Manicures

Located in the heart of Central Florida, New Horizon Assisted Living Residence of Winter have takes advantage of all the best that Central Florida has to offer. Winter Haven is a warm and friendly community just 30 minutes south of Disney World and state

Map of New Horizon Share Home