5 Assisted Living Facilities near Lerona, WV
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lerona area, with 3 in Lerona and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lerona. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lerona 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Princeton with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lerona, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lerona, WV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lerona
Lerona is an unincorporated community within Mercer County, West Virginia. Seniors looking for a quieter area will appreciate the open space this rural town provides.
In West Virginia, assisted living facilities are referred to as assisted living residences (ALRs) are licensed through the state's Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health, Office of Health Facilities Licensure and Certification. To qualify as an ALR, facilities must provide care to four or more residents and advertise or operate for the sole purpose of providing personal services to those in need of assisted care. Seniors have three assisted living facilities available within Lerona and eight others in nearby towns.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lerona
- The crime rate in Lerona is lower than the national average, allowing senior residents to live in relative safety. Violent crime sits at 25.1 which is 6 percent below the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crime rates are 8.3 percent lower than the national average.
- The Lerona area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Princeton.
- Lerona seniors will enjoy a lower cost of living in the area with groceries, housing and utilities below the national average by 8-18 percent. Transportation costs are just 4 percent higher than average, but health care costs jump to 16 percent more for Lerona residents.
- Seniors can save some money on their West Virginia taxes by taking advantage of the refundable Senior Citizens Tax Credit. Certain West Virginia employee retirement benefits are only partially taxed, but Social Security benefits that are federally taxed are also fully taxed by the state.
- Lerona receives precipitation that equals the national average, with the exception of the extra inch of snow the community receives. Seniors adverse to the cold may struggle in the cooler climate with July highs reaching just 81 degrees Fahrenheit and January lows averaging 23 degrees.
- Lerona has no public transit options so seniors without transportation must rely on ride share programs such as Uber or Lyft.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lerona
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in West Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Lerona start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lerona and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lerona
To offset the costs of assisted living, eligible seniors can take advantage of two programs offered by West Virginia Medicaid. The Medicaid Personal Care Program offers assistance with daily living activities, and the West Virginia Aged and Disabled Waiver (ADW), a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver offered by the state, provides assistance for aging in place.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lerona
Lerona and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lerona, please visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lerona
Lerona-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in West Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lerona
Review of Serenity Place
My mother is in Serenity Place. It is clean, nice, roomy, and they take state pay. The staff is very kind, very personable, and there's a lot of staff for the number of people staying there. I have... Read more
Review of Harmony House
My mother liked the people that worked in Harmony House, but it was mostly for more severe elderly people than what she needed. It was for people that was more bedfast and had to be fed. She didn't... Read more
Review of Rockin Chair Residential Care
I would like for everyone to know a little about this home (my opinion.) I too have had a family member in this home never once did I find my love one dirty, hungry in fact when we would take them ... Read more