22 Assisted Living Facilities near Hendersonville, NC
Also serving communities of Mills River, Mills River, Fletcher, Columbus.
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hendersonville area, with 13 in Hendersonville and 9 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 81 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hendersonville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hendersonville 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Asheville with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hendersonville, call (855) 863-8283.
13 Assisted Living Facilities in Hendersonville, NC
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Hendersonville, NC
Promotion ends in 6 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
Assisted Living near Hendersonville, NC
Other Options in Hendersonville, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hendersonville
Review of The Bridge at Lake Pointe Landing
We have had several friends and relatives who have been in area Assisted Living facilities. Biggest issue: Though the Bridge facility was clean, lovely and comfortable, but the overall admin and st... Read more
Review of Carolina Reserve of Laurel Park
My mother has been a resident at Carolina Reserve at Laurel Park since December of 2017. She is 91, is wheelchair-bound and suffers from dementia. At Carolina Reserve at Laurel Park they make a... Read more
Review of Carillon Assisted Living Of Hendersonville
Activities were pretty sparse. Other than playing games and cards, we did not experience a lot more. And didn't feel like he was coaxed enough to participate. The boys lunch out seemed to be re... Read more
Assisted Living near Henderson County, NC
More Options Near Hendersonville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hendersonville
Twenty-five percent of the population in Hendersonville is aged 65 or older. As a result, seniors in the area will have no trouble finding age-appropriate activities, including educational classes, health and wellness activities and social events. Hendersonville is also home to 13 assisted living facilities, with another eight nearby. The state of North Carolina uses the term adult care home, or ACH, to describe assisted living facilities. The state's Division of Health Service Regulation licenses and oversees all ACHs, including those in Hendersonville.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hendersonville
- Seniors in Hendersonville will enjoy four seasons without any extreme temperatures. Average highs in the winter remain in the upper 40s to low 50s. During summer months, average highs reach the mid-80s. The area sees about 8 inches of snow every winter as well.
- Hendersonville's overall cost of living is comparable to the national average. While housing costs are just under the U.S. average, healthcare costs are about 10 percent higher than average.
- Seniors can ride the Apple Country Transit, a three-route bus system. In addition, the Elderly and Disabled Transportation Assistance Program (EDTAP) is available for in-need seniors to transport them to medical appointments or the grocery store.
- Seniors in Hendersonville can enjoy a variety of arts and cultural events organized by the Arts Council of Henderson County. Additionally, the Blue Ridge Center for Lifelong Learning allows seniors to enrich their lives through classes in several topics including wood sculpting, poetry and film.
- The Hendersonville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Pardee Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Hendersonville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging for Henderson County, an organization that offers community resources, health support services and meals for seniors as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hendersonville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Hendersonville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hendersonville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hendersonville
Eligible seniors in North Carolina can apply for financial assistance for their assisted living expenses. The state's Medicaid program includes coverage of adult care homes for Medicaid-eligible seniors who meet income requirements. Those seniors who qualify can receive funding to help them cover monthly assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hendersonville
Hendersonville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hendersonville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hendersonville
Hendersonville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.