Arbor Terrace of Asheville

Reviews of Arbor Terrace of Asheville

Assisted Living Reviews for Arbor Terrace of Asheville

July 29, 2014

By Gena1

I don't think anybody will come close to Arbor Terrace. It is only two stories and there are only 40 residents on the assisted living's side. Against the other facility, that's where Arbor Terrace of Asheville would win out because it is a very intimate physical situation and because it is smaller and there are fewer people than the other facility. I met all of the staff, they know me and I know them. It is just very intimate. The ratio of staff to residents is much smaller. What my mother does is that she gets up every morning bed, makes her bed and goes down to breakfast. It almost feels like a home there. After breakfast, she goes to the activity room, which is right next door. The activities director is there all day. They would bring in people from the outside that could sing or play instruments or an animal doctor and then they play games like bridge. When you go to that room, there is always something for you to do. They are active as they want to be and that's really a personal thing. My mother loves the place, she picked it herself. I think it is also because she feels the love from them. The staff is very loving. The intimacy puts them into position where you can actually feel that. My mother had been to two other places and when she walked in, she said, "This is it" because "It just felt like home." The place is very warm and intimate. It didn't feel "clinical" like you're in a facility. Some of the people who come to see my mother who are not quite ready for assisted living say that's where they want to go. I can call the executive director anytime. I can call and it doesn't matter which I speak to, they know my mother's situation. They rotate the nurses so that the nurses could know the residents and the residents could get to know them as well. The leadership there are hiring the right people at work, so it is clear that people have been trained to be caring and loving.

July 12, 2013

By Janet23

Amongst the places I have visited for my mother, my favorite was Arbor Terrace. It was a beautiful building and it was very clean. They have a program that seemed very professional and well done. Their rooms were great. They were spacious and clean. The staff appeared to be taking very good care of their patients. Also they seemed to be very kind. However, they told me that they are not allowed to push wheelchair with patients in them. They said patients have to self-propel their wheelchairs. That is the reason why mother couldn't go there because sometimes she has to be pushed. They said it was a state law but no one I've talked to about this has ever heard of that before. I don't know what's the deal with that, but that's why she is not going there. I would recommend this place if the person is more independent and not likely to be in a wheelchair.

November 07, 2012

By Michael Smith1

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Arbor Terrace Assisted Living in Ashville, NC. Ashville is a picturesque small town that is thriving. Arbor Terrace is a gorgeous five-star facility. One of the features we really liked is that there is a "memory care consultant" on site. As it was explained to us, this person is educated in the care of seniors with dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Her purpose is to work with the senior resident and to counsel with their family to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Equally important to us was the presence of an on-site dining and nutrition consultant. My mother in law is already having problems maintaining good nutrition, and this is one of the reasons why we are seriously considering an early move to a care center. The living common areas are spacious and gorgeously furnished. The numerous windows allow plenty of sunlight all day. One huge plus was their Cyber-Senior Center, a small area complete with desktop computer, high-speed internet and a printer. Mother is a writer and loves to research genealogy online. The staff was courteous and seemed knowledgeable. There was no evidence of anything out of the ordinary. Our visit was not planned since we prefer to "drop in" to get a more candid view of the facility. All the residents we encountered were happy, quite chatty, and well-cared for. Arbor Terrace is at the top of our list right now. It's in a convenient location and met all our criteria. It is on the pricier side, but you get what you pay for and I would have great peace of mind knowing that Mother was being well-cared for and looked after in this delightful facility.

May 29, 2011

By SandwichGen

Visited this facility

My grandfather and I visited this facility as we look around Asheville for the right Assisted Living Facility for my grandmother to move into. My grandfather was not really impressed, but I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the facility and I really appreciated the time that the staff took to answer our questions, show us around, and introduce us to residents. Although we have yet to make a final decision, this facility will definitely be on our short list when we do make a decision. Plus, Asheville is such a great area in general with its nice, temperate climate and beautiful surrounding nature. If you are looking for an Assisted Living Facility near Asheville, I suggest you check out Arbor Terrace.

Costs for Arbor Terrace of Asheville

Photos of Arbor Terrace of Asheville

Services and Amenities of Arbor Terrace of Asheville

• Dining Extra: Nutritious, Flavorful Meals Are Prepared By Expert Chefs And Are Designed To Reduce The Risk Of Choking And Aspiration.

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

Training

• Continual Training

• Get Costs

About Arbor Terrace of Asheville

Arbor Terrace of Asheville is a senior living provider in Asheville, North Carolina that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact Arbor Terrace of Asheville for more details on services and rates.

Map of Arbor Terrace of Asheville