Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge

Reviews of Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge

August 27, 2013

By Pat1714

I have already moved my parent and she is in Clare Bridge of Asheville. She has been there for about three weeks now. Their staff is very attentive, nice and seems to really care for the residents there. They are trying to get them to do as much as they are able to do and be more independent as they can be, so they can retain as much dignity as they can. I'm very pleased with this facility.

July 12, 2013

By Janet23

I still haven't found an appropriate facility just yet, but I did like Clare Bridge of Asheville for my mother. What I like best about this facility was that they just seemed to have a very effective and organized program. Also the place was very beautiful and clean. Their staff seemed very caring and competent. This facility would be a good place to put her in and I think she would like it here too; however, in talking with my family, they decided it was too expensive and I have to agree.

May 01, 2013

By Rebecca G

Clare Bridge was an answer to our prayers. They offered my father a safe place to live, where he was loved and accepted for himself. Through each stage of dementia, they would always find a loving way to deal with what ever was going on with him. He was treated with dignity and they encouraged him to keep doing the life skills that he could. I was impressed when they adapted the same menu that others were served into finger foods, so that he could feed himself. He was encouraged to participate in activities. The staff has specific training to handle residents with memory issues. We were in 3 other facilities before Clare Bridge, and they were so deficient in their ability to care for persons with dementia. I will always be thankful for the staff that always tried with dad to help him have small moments of sucess and that each day be the best that it could be. I was impressed that it wasn't just my dad that I witnessed this care given but all the residents. They also helped us as a family to understand better the disease of Alzheimers and they lovingly cared for us as well. I only wish all facilities could receive the training that Clare Bridge requires of their staff. I will always be thankful for our time in this facility because I know my dad felt that he was genuinely loved and cared for.
See all Memory Care reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Questions about Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

On Hire, Our Staff receives a week of Dementia Care Training and orientation, before working with clients. We then provide on- going trainings, at our monthly staff meetings. Sometimes, residents may require special approaches or may require specific care, and we will have special ALL staff training on how to meet their, physical, and emotional needs. Everyone receives this training. If you work at this building, no matter what department, you will be trained. We want to provide the best care for our residents, and so proper training, is #1!!

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Brookdale always staffs to meet state regulations, and staffs according to resident needs, which means that many times during “peak care hours”, we are sometimes staffed above state regulations. It is our utmost goal, to provide the best individualized care to our residents.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Program- Coordinator, and the Program Assistant, insure that we have specific, person centered programing daily, including weekends. We also daily, have group activities that include, daily exercise,, crafts, educational activities, outings several times a week, live professional musicians, to name a few. We are always interested in proving activities, that our residents are “interested” in! So before we admit them, we have a beautiful questioner that helps us know them better! Their likes, dislikes and interests! This assists us in planning an engagement program that meets their needs. Drawing on past experiences, and life skills is very important., and assisting residents in finding validation in those memories , is important.

Our Health and Wellness Director, RN, will complete an final assessment before admitting. Then, every 30 days, or at a change of condition, she will again complete an assessment. Also, when meeting with a family member, if there any concerns, she will be have to assess the situation.

What techniques does Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We put much effort in providing a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, during dining! We start with our Brookdale Signature Refresh program. Warmed, essential oil scented towels are given to our residents to “refresh” their hands. Our tables are set with colored linen table clothes, and contrasting plates! Also, food is recognizable, and served according to the Physician’s diet orders for each individual. Those that need cueing are cued. Those that need dining assistance are given it. Also, if any adaptive equipment is needed, we have Occupational Therapy assist us with that. They can also work with residents to help with dining skills. Our goal is a fine dining experience that will give that resident a successful dining experience.

How does Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

By phone, email and phone calls. Communication is important to the wellbeing and care of our resident, and so important for the responsible party to “be in the loop”! Family members can stop in anytime to see their loved on and speak with the Health and Wellness Director.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge is located in the outer edges of Asheville, at the top of a quiet wooded hill, The area is known as South Asheville, in a business area, though there are some neighborhoods, and apartments, close by. Convenient to shopping, and other amenities.

Is Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

There are several hospitals within 15 minutes of Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge. We have very good working relationships with all of them.

Photos of Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge

About Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge

At Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Map of Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge