4 Assisted Living Facilities near Arden, NC
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Arden area, with 2 in Arden and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Arden. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Arden 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Arden, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Arden, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Arden
The community of Arden is part of the Asheville metropolitan area, which has a population of over 92,000 residents. Senior citizens make up more than 17% of this population and may require the service of an assisted living residence (ALR), 51 of which can be found in the Asheville area.
In North Carolina, including Arden, both adult care homes (ACHs) and multi-unit assisted housing with services facilities are classified as ALRs. The North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation licenses ACHs and registers multi-unit assisted housing with services communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Arden
- The overall climate in Arden is pleasant throughout the year, ideal for seniors who enjoy the outdoors. Winters are mild, with little snowfall and a low of 25 degrees, and summers are warm without being too humid. Overall, the community receives a comfort index rating of 7.6 out of 10.
- As part of the Asheville metropolitan area, seniors in Arden have access to arts, culture and entertainment. The city is home to iconic landmarks, live music, visual art and a vibrant downtown area, which features restaurants, galleries and boutique shopping.
- Compared to the statewide average across North Carolina, living in Arden is more expensive. With a cost of living of 113.8, seniors on fixed incomes may have to carefully plan their finances.
- The Arden area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Park Ridge Health and Mission Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Crime rates in Arden are somewhat high compared to national averages. Violent crime is rated 28.3 on a scale to 100, and property crime is rated 57.8. National averages in the same categories are 22.7 and 35.4. Speaking to an ALR's facility director about its security procedures may give seniors peace of mind.
- Asheville's Transit Authority provides a 24-route public transportation system that runs across Asheville and select local areas, including Arden, so seniors without a personal vehicle can get where they need to be.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Arden
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Arden start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Arden and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Arden
Seniors in Arden have plenty of access to financial assistance to help cover the cost of an ALR. North Carolina's Medicaid State Plan provides coverage for personal care services in an ACH environment. To help with the cost of room and board, a supplemental state/county assistance payment is available to seniors, which includes a personal needs allowance and income disregard. The state also permits supplementation from family members whose loved ones reside in an ACH and request a private room.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Arden
Arden and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Arden, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Arden
Arden-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Arden
Review of Trinity View
I chose Trinity View because of the smell, the food, the separation of the residents, and the overall cleanliness. I also like the aspect of laundry being done separately, so my mother's is not mix... Read more
Review of Heather Glen At Ardenwoods
The cleanliness and their professionalism are few of the factors is why Heather Glen is my choice for my mother. Their Director is extremely informative. She introduces me to all the employees even... Read more